IGNORED

Zumo 550 repair

DaveTheAffable

DaveTheAffable

I will be sending my Zumo 550 into Garmin for their "$150 flat rate fix whatever is wrong including replacement" offer. Waiting for the RMA number now.

Any one ever use this offer/service?

Yes. From my experience and that of others I've read about, it seems that Garmin almost always sends you a refurbished unit in exchange. I'd guess the odds of getting your exact same unit back, repaired, are pretty slim.

I had mine exchanged once - Garmin was very straightforward and expeditious about it. Long long sticky thread on the Zumo forum about dead Zumos.

I got a replacement but I was suprised that they were able to load all my extra maps (Mexico), routes and waypoints into the new unit so when I got it, it was plug and play. Great service.

And put back the silver covers if you changed them. I sent mine in with the black ones and got silver ones back on the refurbed unit. They did send me a new set for free when I called them, set of black and set of silver in single package, so I now have three sets of silver :) - the original set, the set that came on the refurbed one and the replacement set that they sent with the black ones.

Great service.

Before you send your unit back, be sure to remove any SD card you may have installed.

DAMHIK...

Especially if it's got certain unlocked .IMG files that shouldn't be there?

I will be sending my Zumo 550 into Garmin for their "$150 flat rate fix whatever is wrong including replacement" offer. Waiting for the RMA number now.

Any one ever use this offer/service?

I sent mine in last August or so and it only cost $75 for a new one. It also came with the newer maps. Great!

Archived