IGNORED

ANOTHER MAPSOURCE QUESTION

brianbmw

Can you hide routes? I have a file with multiple routes in that one file, is there a way to hide or shut some of them off while still viewing the others?

Also each piont i pick when creating my route shows up on the map as a little black square, can i get rid or these?

Thank You,

Brian

Brian, you can just click on the route you want to work with in the L/H window pain & that route will highlight for you,, the others will still be there but not highlighted..

If you only want to work with ONE route just copy in from the L/H pain then open a NEW session & paste that route there (you will then ONLY have that one route to work with).. You can then have that as a new & separate route & re-name it OR just paste the new & re-worked route back into the original session..

There might be other work-around but this works quite easily for me..

On removing those way point or shaping point flags (or boxes in the older MapSource) I use a program called Unflag (works great).. See page below for info..

http://www.zumoforums.com/index.php?topic=2966.msg24086#msg24086

Added: you can manually click on those shaping point boxes & actually remove them but that can allow the route to (then) change as those boxes are used to shape your route & force it to comply to your original placement..

One thing you might not know —IS- If you place those shaping points on road INTERSECTIONS they will show up on your MapSource but not show up on a Zumo while riding (not sure on older or other GPS units)..

Twisty

The copy and paste way works fine and i do that all the time. The routes that are not highlighted still show up purple and make things confusing. What i have is a five day trip, each day is a seperate route and i brought them all in to one route just to see what it looks like. That all works great, the problem is now i have a few options for some of the days, when i put all of this into one file to take a look at what i have i end up with a mess of overlapping routes. Seems there would be an efficient way to just hide certain routes, maybe not though.

Brian

Brian, another option is: you can hold down the control button on your keyboard,, then highlight all the routes except the one you want to work with,, then right click then left click CUT..

That will remove all routes except the one you are working with,, then when done just paste the cut routes back in..

Another option is to go to ROUTE PROPERTIES on the routes you want to hide & change the color of the route to TRANSPARENT.. That won’t actually hide it but will give you only a non highlighted black line..

One thing I will mention is: before messing with ANY pre-made routes make a copy of the route(s) or saved MapSource session so if you mess it up beyond simple repair you haven’t ruined your original..

Twisty

I generally use different colors for the different routes. It's not a panacea but does make viewing the map with all the routes displayed a little easier. If you go to the route properties you can choose route colors from a drop down.

By the way, I'd really like to see the feature you suggest as well. Another irksome "feature" in Mapsource is, when you have routes displayed, the thick colored line often covers the route/street name and you can't tell what road is being shown.

Al, if you make the route transparent in the that drop down box,, then left click in the L/H pain (not on a route) it will leave you with a rather thin black line for a route..

The good news is you can then read most street names or see intersections,, the bad news is it is more difficult to follow the route along the road if it is a smaller secondary road..

Twisty

Al, if you make the route transparent in the that drop down box,, then left click in the L/H pain (not on a route) it will leave you with a rather thin black line for a route..

The good news is you can then read most street names or see intersections,, the bad news is it is more difficult to follow the route along the road if it is a smaller secondary road..

Twisty

That actually sounds like an excellent solution Twisty. I wasn't aware of the transparent setting for route colors.

Thanks!

:thumbsup:

Al, there is a slide bar for route colors so maybe yours is only showing the top part of the list..

I just wish the route line could have it’s color changed to something other than the default black line..

With just a little work MapSource could be a much better mapping program to work with.. We can only hope it gets more refined as the later versions appear.. It is much better now than the early versions..

Twisty

Archived