IGNORED

sportrx.com?

krussell

I've had two pairs of prescription sunglasses from Seven Eye. I've been pleased with both, one was dark, the other was a transition type lens. The only downside is they don't offer any anti-fog coating in the prescription lenses.

Last weekend after a 300ish mile day I came home and set my transition pair on top of the car while I was putting my gear away. I forgot about them. Yesterday I couldn't find them in the garage. A short while later I discovered them in the street not far from my house. They where destroyed, $325 out the window.

I was thinking of getting the same thing again, but did some surfing and found sportrx.com. They offer the same glasses but at about $100 less. Has anyone dealt with them?

Yes, I have used sports RX. The glasses I used were the nylon framed motorcycle style (there are several varieties). They were inexpensive but mine at -3.5 and -4.0 came a bit off. The glasses made everything look a bit wider and a bit shorter - I assume because of the relatively hefty prescription in a slightly curving frame - never good for myopia.

The frames lasted a year or so and then cracked near the nose on the bottom part. Even though they were out of warranty sportRX shipped me a new frame free of charge (as long as I was willing to put in the polycarbonate lenses). I broke that frame in about 9 months as well and they sent me a new frame no questions asked.

This was either a result of good customer service or a tacit acknowledgment that the particular frames they sold me had a design flaw in them. Either way, I was happy with my experience and would order from them again.

JT

Archived