IGNORED

Olympia Airglide 2 Mesh Pant

Lmar

I want to purchase a good 3 season riding pant that would also be comfortable in Arizona summer temperatures. I am interested in pants that I can wear by themselves, not over jeans.

I am considering purchasing the Olympia Airglides. I would appreciate some feedback from riders that have the Airglides and suggestions of other pants that riders recommend.

Amongst all my other seasonal gear, I have the Viper jacket and Airglide pants. I used them on the Unrally 09 trip. I wanted 1 set of riding gear that I could layer. I survived rain and 40 degree temps without a hitch. The pants are hemmable if you are inseam challenged. Olympia is nothing less than great to work with.

MB>

(By layering, I meant to say that this combo has removable goretex liners.)

I like my Airglide pants. They flow a lot a air, are lightweight, comfortable and seem pretty durable.

My only complaint is that if I wear them with bare legs, my knees stick to the inside of the liner where the knee pads are located. Solved that problem by wearing running tights or LD comfort tights under the pant.

My nephew, his wife, my wife and I, all have the airglide pants and love them. I find they can be used as four season pants on my 12RT (fairing provides great wind protection) if you use the liner (duh).

I have no idea how they hold up in the event of an accident and cannot vouch for effectiveness of the joint/back protection.

I like my Airglide pants. They flow a lot a air, are lightweight, comfortable and seem pretty durable.

My only complaint is that if I wear them with bare legs, my knees stick to the inside of the liner where the knee pads are located. Solved that problem by wearing running tights or LD comfort tights under the pant.

+1 Much nicer than the Roadcrafter pants I had in the heat but the padding is alot less substantial, the fabric is (obviously) lighter and as someone else said, the zippers are not top-quality as in the the Aerostich gear. I have concerns about protection in a get-off so I do wear a pair of lightweight pants underneath for a smidgen more protection, but mainly to prevent any synthetic fabric burns if I ever go down and so no one mistakes me for a ballerina if I off the mesh pants for restaurant seating, etc... :grin:

Overall, I feel Olympia's stuff is good value for the $$. I sold my Roadcrafter recently and miss the build quality and feeling of security it gave me if I am ever in a spill. (I bought it 2nd-hand and it's never fit quite right) but now have the Airglide suit for the summer and an AST for other 3 seasons.

I have no idea how they hold up in the event of an accident and cannot vouch for effectiveness of the joint/back protection.

I can answer that!

Nov 07 2009 I had a 35 MPH deer strike. I hit the pavement with right shoulder first, then rolled, and my left knee took a direct hit on the next contact with the pavement. Pads on the Airglide jacket and pants did the job. Knee was a little sore, but I can't imagine what damage to my knee cap would be if not for the pads.

Replaced everything with Olympia, But I went with the Bushwacker jacket and Airglide pants.

Have riden them from 100 degrees (without liner) to 20 degrees (with liner and fleece base layer), so I say, buy 'em!

Hey, Lmar:

I use Alpinestars Air-Flo pants. I really like them because they have a long zipper that runs from the outside ankle up the leg and ACROSS the knee, making it super easy to access one's boots.

See them here: http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/alpinestars/air-flo-pants/

They have some padding and they are meant to be worn by themselves, not as over-pants. If it rains, you can slip on rain pants over top.

I like them a lot and would buy them again.

Cheers.

Tim

I like the Airglides a lot. They flow a quite a bit of air for me and with the liner they keep me warm and dry in the temps I ride. The only complaint I have is the knee pads. They fit too far to the inside of the knee exposing the outside of the knee joint. I now take the Olympic pads out and use motocross knee/shin pads and feel much more secure and don't notice any less air movement.

+3 on the Airglide pants. I just bought a second pair. I did go down in the first pair almost a year ago and they held up very well. They do get a bit clammy on bare legs if you don't wear long pants under them. Very happy with them even down to 38 degrees last month.

Hawk

Archived