IGNORED

Garmin x76 Mount Explosion, parts needed

markgoodrich

I have a 376c, just changed mounts to the BMW shelf, using the Garmin adjustable mount, which lasted about 50 miles before the entire mount popped off the shelf. The round piece in the photo has a nut underneath which literally exploded through the piece; it's the only thing holding the mount to the base. The cradle is cracked. I've tried JB Weld on the cradle twice, now, and it's not holding. I'm very dubious the round base will hold with JB Weld, either.

Anyone have spare parts, or know where I can get them, or have a better, more secure mount option for the x76 series to the BMR shelf?

TIA

I have a friend with the TT mount on his KTM 990 ADV and a 376c, we were offroad and he hit the bank of a wash so hard it bent his front rim we shot airborne off the upslope and down into another woop section and it held perfectly. They are TOUGH and also dampen the vibes extending the life of your unit...

Mark,

I use this one for my 478--will fit the 376. The button with the red arrow slides forward to lock the unit into the mount. The mount has holes drilled for the ram ball you see attached. Very secure. And I sandwiched some foam between the ram and the mount and attached the screws loosely so it absorbs some vibes too.

ResizeofIMG_1922.jpg

ResizeofIMG_1923.jpg

Mark, I use the TT mount on a BMR shelf on my RT. works fine and places it near my normal sight line so I really don't have to look down.

783111842_SxUF5-L.jpg

783111675_55PN6-L.jpg

783111760_ScMkF-L.jpg

Thanks, John...that's a lot of money just to get the thing mounted. I may end up doing that, but am going to search for a less expensive option. Looks like you have the BMR tilt at $55, plus the TT gizmo.

What I really need is a new Garmin marine mount, the one that comes with the x76 units.

Mark,

I use this one for my 478--will fit the 376. The button with the red arrow slides forward to lock the unit into the mount. The mount has holes drilled for the ram ball you see attached. Very secure. And I sandwiched some foam between the ram and the mount and attached the screws loosely so it absorbs some vibes too.

ResizeofIMG_1922.jpg

ResizeofIMG_1923.jpg

Right, Bob, I have (had) that cradle, but it's cracked in two. I need the cradle, which will mount to a new Garmin marine mount (I mean, a used one), or worst case, directly to the BMW tilt mount. Switching to a Cal-Sci shield has gotten really expensive.

That cradle cracked? You have (had) the one with the locking button? Wow--I use it on my DS bikes as well as the RT and it has held up great. Maybe you had a defective one--it feels like ABS and sturdy as hell. It supports not only my 478 but the GXM30 is mounted on top of the 478, so all that weight.

It was cracked when I got it, a gift from a fellow who wasn't using it any more. It's now in two pieces, my attempt to repair it failed.

Archived