IGNORED

Temporary CB (Gasp!) Radio for my K1200RS?

DaveTheAffable

DaveTheAffable

I'm going on a ride in May with 5 other riders, all who have / insist that I get CB Radio for trip. (Grrrr..I have my Ham License)

I've integrated Motorola Family Radio to my Autocom in the past, but no longer have the Motorola or PTT switch.

The Judge asks, "Counselor, is there a question before the court?"

Ohh...sorry. Yeah. What would be the cheapest, dirtiest, easiest, way to get a CB on the bike for 9 days? (pending the completion of my rear main seal job)

Thanks!

The Cobra hand held CB//wx is one of the ones that has seemed to work with autocom. I have used it but any cb is still problematic when transmitting because of the loud squeel feedback that frequently happens. Sometime you can just move the cable around and resolve it but not always. Autocom doesn't like AM radios. They do make a cable to connect it and you can just use the vox function rather than a ptt to keep it cheap. maybe you can "borrow" one.

Dave,

Can't help you with the CB other than tell you if it's bike powered you will need to isolate the speaker output, the mic input, AND the PTT!

If you are interested in using your HAM radio and your motorcycle around your home territory, Check out MARC - Motorcycling Amateur Radio Club. A great way to put the HAM radio and the motorcycle to use and have fun at the same time!

DaveTheAffable

Well... I told my riding partners that another $100 - $300 in radio, mounting, wiring, etc.... just isn't in the Affable budget.

If you've breezed past the Wrenching K-Bikes you'll see that I'm scraping together the $$$ for my rear main seal parts.

They said, "No worries...really". So that's the good news.

I have my "Generta" ham license now. Later this spring / year then, I'm going to try and get my Yaesu FT-60 integrated with my Autocom. I tried to find cables and PTT on the website recently and left frustrated, but I think it was late, and I was tired.

Thanks for the referral / reminder about MARC.

Archived