IGNORED

Any info on Shinko 009 Raven

farmerp

After having tried almost all the usual suspects in the tire lineup I have not found anything that will get me more than 5K mi. My buddy raves about Shinkos on his sport bike. I found a pair of 009s for just over $170 at MotoXoutlet.com. Does anyone have any experience with these? I have given up on getting more miles out of tires; I am just looking for some cheaper way to go. Thanks

I can't speak about Shinko tires but before I swwitched to a Metzeler on the ear of my R120RT, the best I could get was a little over 6K out of a rear tire. With the 880, I get 10-12K. Paired with a Z6 front, I don't notice any difference in handling when compared to sport touring tires front and rear.

After having tried almost all the usual suspects in the tire lineup I have not found anything that will get me more than 5K mi. My buddy raves about Shinkos on his sport bike. I found a pair of 009s for just over $170 at MotoXoutlet.com. Does anyone have any experience with these? I have given up on getting more miles out of tires; I am just looking for some cheaper way to go. Thanks

I've got a set of Ravens on my 1150RT (~$150 delivered from Chaparral). The front has got >5000 miles on it, and the rear has >4000. Both are looking good; I hope to get 9000 or more out of them.

FWIW, previous tires,

Shinko Advance - (F) 6600 mile, ® 5800

Bridgestone BT-021 - 6200, 7900

Conti Road Attack 8100, 8400

We have used Shinkos for a long time and average around 10,000 miles front and rear not counting the three flat tires at 5, 6 and 8 thousand miles. We used them on a R1100S, a R1150R, and a 800S. My wife has an F650GS and she was using a Shinko that a big piece of the tire came apart; it didn't go flat but we had to replace it in an emergency situation since we were traveling; we had a Suzuki dealer put a new tire on which was a Pirelli and I think that was around $250 installed. We contacted Shinko and they sent us a new tire; we had taken a picture of the bad tire. Our confidence in them lessened with that problem so I don't know if we will keep using them or not???

For the F650GS it probably was a Shinko 705 dual sport tire. That tire has a history of exactly that - block separation. This should not apply to the Raven.

Archived