IGNORED

Anyone using this luggage bag

graydude

Anyone using this?

71607693567_bmw_f800s-st_largesportssoftbag.jpg

I really don't want to shell out $900 for a top box and this seems to hold as much. Will it fit in the side bad when not in use? Any commnets?

I use one of these:

http://www.sierrabmwonline.com/motorcycles-luggage-roll-duffeldry-p-1846.html

A bit cheaper, and is one large compartment. Both bags have rigid bases; you would have to remove the base to be able to stow the bag in a side case.

I got mine because a top case isn't an option for my RT-P. It's been great on long trips, as well as hauling my laptop to the office. Either one should work well for you.

Allen

If you want a much cheaper solution, Cabela's has dry duffels, the whole top opens. We've used one for several trips to carry hiking gear, in drenching rains, and nary a drop inside. Useful for all sorts of other travel, too. Looks like the prices have gone up, but still much cheaper than something with "BMW" on it.

http://tinyurl.com/ybmhl3e

I hate pimping but this pack is great. I have one of those and a couple of the big gear bags. No, they don't have BMW placed on them, so they're not going to give you better gas mileage and horsepower, but they're indestructible. And they hold about 71 liters, which is plenty for a week trip (or more). They come with rain covers, but honestly, I've been riding it through a couple of our rare SoCal rainstorms, and not a drop inside.

For those of you in Southern California, you actually can drive to their factory to pick up stuff, but they manufacture on a set schedule, so you need to call.

I hate pimping but this pack is great. I have one of those and a couple of the big gear bags. No, they don't have BMW placed on them, so they're not going to give you better gas mileage and horsepower, but they're indestructible. And they hold about 71 liters, which is plenty for a week trip (or more). They come with rain covers, but honestly, I've been riding it through a couple of our rare SoCal rainstorms, and not a drop inside.

For those of you in Southern California, you actually can drive to their factory to pick up stuff, but they manufacture on a set schedule, so you need to call.

I have this bag too(gear whore)

Also highly recommended.

I just read that some of the MagsBags may be in short supply,due to her recovery from a recent acccident.

JR356

I use a similar BMW bag part Number 72 60 7 653 818. It has come through torrential downpours without any leaks. I prefer these duffel type bags to hard top boxes. They generally have more packable space and are lower in height reducing wind effect. Secures with two bungees on rear RT 12800 rack quickly and safely, or even on passenger seat providing back rest. Re BMW accessories vs others?

You get what you pay for!

Mm...reply post did not go through??

I have a very similar BMW bag. Looks larger length and round cross section. Been through torrential rain and no leaks at all.

I prefer soft bags to hard top boxes. More usable space and less wind resistance. Fits securely with two bungees or straps to RT 1200 rear shelf or on pillion seat providing lower back rest.

BMW accessories are more expensive but in my experience you get what you pay for! Hope you enjoy it.

http://magsbags.com/index.html

Look at the journey,journey sport and the vagabond bags.

All top quality.

I own several of her bags and each has had several years of use without any issues.

10% off sale too!

JR356

Not to hijack...

But the folks from MagsBags have suspended production for a while. They were in a bad bike accident late last year and she lost a foot to amputation as a result of the accident and then found out she had pretty advanced breast cancer.

We have a bag on order, hopefully it will get here by the travel season.

Anyone using this?

71607693567_bmw_f800s-st_largesportssoftbag.jpg

I really don't want to shell out $900 for a top box and this seems to hold as much. Will it fit in the side bad when not in use? Any commnets?

I have one. It's nice. I think you'd be hard pressed to get it in a side case w/o damaging the bag.

Archived