IGNORED

Calling All Coppers! RT-P's

Swordofwords

I have a RT-P and may need to hear from others.

The now dangling wires, where is that second battery? Is it still

in there. What switches are 'now available', and...

aren't they just gorgeous machines?

Sword

Casper, Wyoming

Welcome to the board, and the joy of the DIY RT-P!

The second battery is in the "glove/radio box" in the left front fairing, if it's still there. There's no real standard for what happens when the bikes get civilianized, so you may have to do some exploring. For example, you may or may not have a four way flasher switch, the right side handlebar switch may or may not control your headlights, etc.

After a bit of work, they're a ton of fun. Can't wait to get mine out of the garage, but every time I turn around another few inches of snow fall in my neck of the woods. At least I have more time to wire up my tankbag…

when I first saw an RT-P over ten years ago, I thought, wow I have to have one of those. Check out www.bmwmc.net Disable your pop up blocker on that site.

I recently bought an '06 RTP. I got lucky because the lights and sirens were removed by a BMW dealer and done right. I still have the entire harness, plugs for all lights and functioning switches. The brain for the ligths and sirens is still there. The second battery was removed and those battery cables installed on the primary battery. Stealth mode still works as do the four way flashers. Rear light pod functions as a led tail, light, brake light and blinkers.

It's fun to farkle these bikes. I installed a set of driving lights and wired for an additional set using the two position siren switch.

It took some time to get it cleaned up properly but now she looks new.

• 1 month later...
Swordofwords

Finally had time to look, and the second battery is gone, but the hookups are still there.

What battery goes back and which is pos. and neg.?

The connectors to the rollbar lights are still there; what type connectors and what can I hook up to them?

Will the battery charge from the bike, and can I carge it from

one of the sockets.

Followup on the front brake: added the brake fluid, and it is back.

NNie enough weather to break her out today.

Sword

Swordofwords

Eventually, like maybe now, I'll ask what the wires that are in the trunk can be connected to.

Maybe photos of what others have done, might help.

See you all at the Rally.

Either Sidecar is going if the Redhead goes, or the police bike.

Either way a didgeridoo will be with me. Blame the KBMW Group (Yahoo).

Sword

When I got my 1100RTP the spare battery and stuff had been removed properly. there was still a big wad of wires under the fuse box I never did figure out. Couldn't get the fuse box out easily. Great while it lasted (3 year and 60K miles).

Starfighter

The front (AUX) battery is the same size and type as the rear (MC) battery. It (AUX) is just for emergency lights, siren, radio.....

On the left side of the bike, just in front of the bags are the accessory jacks. front one to front battery, rear jack to main battery. (for charging)

Archived