IGNORED

Highway pegs

wallyo

John, Northeast Florida

On my '09RT the dealer installed a set of highway pegs, but don't know the brand. The spark plug covers are removed and the highway pegs fit in the space, and look like spark plug covers. If you need the name/brand, I can call the dealer. Likely you know of what I speak. If you are really short-legged, this could be a problem. Other than that, I'm a 31 inseam and they work fine.

"Various brands are advertised in ON. Any recommendations for R1200RT? "

Sahara highway pegs are excellent. Not cheap, but they work very well. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and spend some money! I could not tour without them.

Joe Frickin' Friday
On my '09RT the dealer installed a set of highway pegs, but don't know the brand. The spark plug covers are removed and the highway pegs fit in the space, and look like spark plug covers.

Sounds like Elf Pegs. I had a set on my 1100RT, and I expect I will be getting a set one of these days for my 1200RT. They work, and they're relatively unobtrusive when retracted.

On my '09RT the dealer installed a set of highway pegs, but don't know the brand. The spark plug covers are removed and the highway pegs fit in the space, and look like spark plug covers.

Sounds like Elf Pegs. I had a set on my 1100RT, and I expect I will be getting a set one of these days for my 1200RT. They work, and they're relatively unobtrusive when retracted.

My wife checked out the Elf pegs at the National Rally and would love a pair for her R1100R, but then we saw the price. The guy is definitely in business to make a profit and you never see them used. I might bite the bullet some day, but that's still a bundle of cash for those pegs. He wanted $325 for a pair.

I bought used elf pegs, rode with them for two years and when When I sold my 1100 I sold the pegs for $50 less than I paid. So I bought sierra pegs (1200 version of elf pegs)for my R1200rt. I figure they won't cost that much after I have used them for 5 or 6 years and sell them. The help cool you in the summer as well as let you stretch our legs.

OK guys, you've been very helpful. Looks like it's down to the Sahara (Elf) or the Ililum. Not sure how the Ililum mounts. Only $50 cost difference. Like Alan said, sooner or later we'll get a good part of the cost back. Thanks!

Archived