IGNORED

Who makes sthat funky looking curved windscreen?

FLrider

I keep hearing about how nice some of the aftermarket screens are. I guess I don't know how bad the stock ones are because, they seem ok to me. But, I sure would like to know what I am missing.

I've seen a few posts of some funky looking screen that seems to be molded in a double curve. In other words from bottom to top and side to side the edges "curve" out.

Who makes that? Gimmick or really does something stock doesn't??

russell_bynum
I keep hearing about how nice some of the aftermarket screens are. I guess I don't know how bad the stock ones are because, they seem ok to me. But, I sure would like to know what I am missing.

I've seen a few posts of some funky looking screen that seems to be molded in a double curve. In other words from bottom to top and side to side the edges "curve" out.

Who makes that? Gimmick or really does something stock doesn't??

Why spend money fixing a problem you don't have?

Why spend money fixing a problem you don't have?

That's crazy talk, man.... Craaa-zy I say.

Perhaps Aeroflow?

Actually, I've got 4 different windscreens that the previous owner bought for my 11RS: stock, Wudo, Aeroflow, and something else i can't recall.... After 30K miles they all sorta seem the same to me. My plan these days is to just use one until it breaks, then move on to #2, etc...

I put a Vstream on my RT about 800miles ago and to me the only improvement is in sidewinds and some improvement with wind hitting my shoulders.I don't need to raise it as high as the stock. Looking over the top takes some time to get used to. I prefer the look of the stock also.

I will run the stock in warm temps and the Vstream when cooler.

The one you are referring to may be a Cee Baily.

You'll get lots of opinions on this no doubt. I put a Cee Bailey on my 06 RT and have been quite happy. Cee Bailey

For me, the stock windshield allowed a lot of buffetting at highway speeds and also lacked coverage in my shoulders (again a personal evaluation). A significant portion of my decision was for more comfort in cooler and inclement weather as well. I see you are located in Florida so you may want to take this into consideration. I think if a great deal of my riding was in an area such as yours, I'd either keep the stock screen or reduce the size of the aftermarket one I installed. If you do lots of touring on the highway you'll probably like the improved coverage an aftermarket screen can provide. Good luck.

I'm in the "OEM screen works great" camp...however, I've installed a medium CalSci screen several months ago. I have a significant hearing deficit in one hear, wear earplugs all the time, but oblique crosswinds were quite problematic...not physically, just lots of roaring. My ears were ringing really badly. The CalSci resolved that problem. Otherwise, the factory shield was just fine. The CalSci does offer a little more wind protection, but it's not something I felt I needed.

I think the screen you are referring to is a Cee Bailey #2. It has the usual left/right curve, and on its upward slope there's a slight kick-up at the very top. Also, Cee Bailey windshields can be ordered in varying widths and heights to suit different body types, and they're available in clear or tinted. Finally, some of the CB shields are available in a Euro cut, which is a slight dip in the top edge of the shield. This works better for solo riders.

Been using CB shields for years. I swear by them.

I had a stock screen on my R1100RT which I didn't like at all. Lots of air hitting the shoulders and head. I then tried an Aeroflow, which was better, but not great. I then tried a Cee Bailey #2 Euro cut which was perfect. I also bought a Cee Bailey #3 which is the same size as the Aeroflow but much thicker and more sturdy. The #2 was great for warmer weather and the #3 was perfect for riding in the cold.

TS

Archived