IGNORED

Tank Bag

Paul In Australia

Paul In Australia

Hi Guys/Gals

can anyone point me in the right direction please.

I have a 2008 RT and want a tank bag specifically for one reason. I want something quite small, that has an electronicl lead inlet ( waterproof) so I can keep my phone and mp3 player connected to my Starcom Digital. Wallet etc only other small items. So smaller the better with an easy on off mechanisim. The BMW bag, is fantastic, but way to big for my use. Any ideas or Photos?? Photos of an actual bag on an RT make a decision so much easier if that is at all possible.

best regards

Paul

Nice pics and clean looking install. The bag looks to be as tall as the factory bag though - not sure if height was an issue for the OP. Marsee does make a smaller tank bag as well.

linky

I'm looking for something exactly the same.

The Marsee Ciao Borsa bag looks pretty good, but it also looks like the mount interferes with the BMW R1200RT bag. I'd like to be able to switch back and forth at will if possible (I'd use the BMW bag for longer trips). I thought I remembered seeing one that also used the gas tank bolts but was more flush???

Note, you can electrify any tank bag using this...

http://www.powerletproducts.com/product/luggage-electrix-connector/286

I added one to my BMW bag so I have power for different things inside the bag....

Thanks

Mike

I have the Cortech minibag too. Turns out to be the best solution for me since I can't use my BigMak setup since the new bike does not have exposed fuel cap screws to use for mounting. The minibag mounts easily and gives me just enough space to store a cellphone, a Sunpass, extra earplugs, etc. It has a small mapcase...just big enough to supplement my GPS. And a $50 solution is a treat.

My better half uses this Wolfman. There are two sizes, large and small. It's a very well thought out and well made bag. I've added the powerlet connector for her phone, radio, etc. The whole think worked out nicely. The only downside is that the bag comes with a little shoulder strap - while away from the bike, it resembles a purse. Maybe you'd like a purse, maybe you wouldn't....

I think this other Wolfman Enduro is pretty dang small too.

xbubblehead
Note, you can electrify any tank bag using this...

http://www.powerletproducts.com/product/luggage-electrix-connector/286

I added one to my BMW bag so I have power for different things inside the bag....

you could also look at this site I have gotten several connectors including the same part mentioned above for much less money. No affiliation.

I use this tank bag from Touratech-USA. Which I bought off of the classified ads on this site.

Ahh... excellent. I'm all for cheaper stuff! Thanks! I stand corrected on a better place to get the same thing! :)

Appreciated...

Archived