IGNORED

Remove factory AM/FM/CD Issues

davell

Hello everyone, I own a 2006 R1200RT equipped with the factory AM/FM/CD and optional CB system. I plan to remove said system in its entirety for a variety of reasons. Will there be any ongoing error messages if I do remove the system? I have a GS-911. If there are error messages, will I be able to permanently disable those messages? Thanks in advance.

Can't say for sure but I doubt you'll get any error messages. By the way, care to share the reason for the removal. That's a pretty expensive package.

My reasons for removal of the radio and CB package: I ride alone 99%, so no need for J&M intercom. J&M CB terrible and Channel 19 is filled with junk everywhere. CD player skips. FM reception not all that good. My Zumo plays music, and I now have hearing aids with Bluetooth capability. In short, I don't need or want the extra weight and complexity.

Know anyone interested in the complete (radio, cables,controls, J&M) package?

I agree with your assessment. I wouldn't spend the money on it either but my RT had it when I bought it. I use the Zumo for MP3 and XM and GMRS for B2B. I do use the FM for the local metro area 24 hr news station. Works ok there but on the highway, it is worthless.

Will there be any ongoing error messages if I do remove the system? I have a GS-911. If there are error messages, will I be able to permanently disable those messages?

I don’t think it will create any error codes either, but to compete answering your question, the GS-911 can not permanently disable/change anything.

danimal1228
Hello everyone, I own a 2006 R1200RT equipped with the factory AM/FM/CD and optional CB system. I plan to remove said system in its entirety for a variety of reasons. Will there be any ongoing error messages if I do remove the system? I have a GS-911. If there are error messages, will I be able to permanently disable those messages? Thanks in advance.

I have a '99 R1100RT and have been looking for a radio system for quite some time. How much do you want for the whole package? Whats included? Do you think there will be any issues hooking this up on a '99? At the very least I would really like to have the left hand radio controls that mount next to the grip. I would like to get started on this project soon, summer is approaching! Let me know,

Thanks.

Dan

Archived