IGNORED

Accessories mount for 2010 RT

KenK

If anyone is interested, I have attached a photo of a mount that I am using for, in my case, satellite radio. I had spoken with Tech Mount and they said that they did not know if this would work with the 2010 but sent me up one and asked me to try it to see. It does work. It attached to the two screws on the clutch handle assembly.

Ken

IMG00207-20100303-1259.jpg

IMG00208-20100303-1300.jpg

Very nice! I may have to get one - I did buy the one that mounts between the handlebars, which worked fine for my Zumo on the R1150T, but on the R1200RT the GPS blocks most of the LCD display no matter how I position it, so this mount may be just the ticket!

-MKL

Great. Can you post a picture once you've got it mounted. On my '06 RT, I mounted my GPS (with a RAM mount) to the clutch resevoir cover and I like its position there. After having looked at the '10 RT at my local dealer's, I ws wondering how you'd mount a GPS on the left handle bar, given the new fluid resevoirs.

I found out that you can mount it on the right side as well. You just have to take the mount apart and turn it around.

You can't mount anything to the reservoirs as they are rubber mounted. The dealer said this was a no no. The two GPS places is between the handlebars and the shelf by the windshield.

I will take pictures this weekend when I get my bike back.

Ken

ArthurKnowles
I did buy the one that mounts between the handlebars, which worked fine for my Zumo on the R1150T, but on the R1200RT the GPS blocks most of the LCD display no matter how I position it, so this mount may be just the ticket!

I have my Zumo 660 mounted on the motorcycle right between the handlebars using the factory BMW mount. It pivots for better viewing angle and does not block the dash at all. If you want to see it let meknow and I'll snag a picture of it.

Archived