IGNORED

Anyone tried Cardo Scala Q2 with Garmin Nuvi 7x5 series?

d_klingensmith

d_klingensmith

Help. I'm getting conflicting information from the internet, Garmin, and Cardo. Most say that the Scala Q2 will sync with the Garmin Zumo, but not the Nuvi. I've spoken to Garmin tech support, and they say the newer Nuvi series, 7x5, has the same Bluetooth as the Zumo, and should connect to anything the Zumo does. Has anyone tried to connect a Cardo Scala Q2 (Bluetooth headset) to a Garmin Nuvi 7x5 GPS? (I have a 765t specifically) Garmin did say that the older Nuvi, 7x0 series, had a different Bluetooth and would NOT connect.

Any help, or suggestions, greatly appreciated.

Dave

I can't help your exact question but I might offer something as a little food for thought.

Have the Cardo Multi Set and a Garmin Nuvi 770. The wife and I talk (intercom) via Bluetooth. She listens to an iPod via the hard cable. I connect to my iPhone via Bluetooth. I hard wire connect to the Garmin via the input on the Cardo.

Using the MP3 player on the Garmin with the tunes on a SD memory card, I can listen to music and have the volume control available on the Garmin for volume changes while on the road (with the iPod in my pocket, volume changes aren't possible). Since the Bluetooth takes precedence, when the wife intercoms me it overrides the music. Of course, it also overrides the spoken directions (which also override the music) that also come to my helmet through the hard wire connection but if I'm in an area where I need to listen to the GPS I simply let her know not to "call me" for a while.

While not a perfect solution is is a way to use a much cheaper GPS than a Zumo and happens to be the same GPS that I use in the car. I mounted it on top of the clutch resevoir with a Ram Mount kit.

Archived