IGNORED

Update my Zomo ??

mrzoom

My Zomo has 2008 maps now, is the 2010 edition worth the $$ ??

I notice it shows me riding in a field when I'm really on a new section of freeway. How about the down load ?? work ok??

I had a garmin file on my computer but after the hard drive crash that's gone and I'm not sure what I need.

I checked their site and I can still access with my "secert code".

What say you Garmin guys??

Thanks.

I assume you mean a "Zumo".

Garmin used to update the maps once per year (in April). Now they do it once per quarter (approximately). If you intend on keeping the unit for any length of time, I'd buy the lifetime maps. They pay for themselves in two updates and you can find them on sale if you wait a while. I picked up the lifetime map update for $79.00 from Amazon in December.

Note - if you buy the lifetime map upgrade it is ONLY good for THAT unit. If the unit dies or breaks, the map upgrade cannot be transferred to another unit. Just an FYI... So if you intend on getting rid of the unit soon, don't bother with the lifetime upgrade.

Tons of zumo info can be found here

http://www.zumoforums.com

I assume you mean a "Zumo".

No, I think he meant "Zomo":

zomotherabbit1e.jpg

Tricky to update . . . you need to catch 'em first.

My Zomo has 2008 maps now, is the 2010 edition worth the $$ ??

I notice it shows me riding in a field when I'm really on a new section of freeway. How about the down load ?? work ok??

I had a garmin file on my computer but after the hard drive crash that's gone and I'm not sure what I need.

I checked their site and I can still access with my "secert code".

What say you Garmin guys??

Thanks.

Send me the Zomo, it's no good anymore. Happy birthday tomorrow/same as my mom so thanks for reminding me.

Right, Zoomo it is!!

Lifetime, hummm, might be worth it. Pops is 94 and still going strong sooo,

I still like a good map and the zoomo is just a real good speedo.

In fact I have in my freightlinner just for that reason and of course the little bike icon helps me feel a little better when its 20 below empty and its snowing. :(

Waiting for spring. :clap: :clap:

Archived