IGNORED

TOM TOM Rider 2 vs Garmin

BULLman

So I'm enjoying the new Oldskool Connie - and since I sold my MC GPS to Marty, I am thinking of getting a MC specific GPS.

I have some nickles left and thinking about the TOM TOM Rider 2 for

$240.

Or, should I wait and save even more nickles for a Garmin Zumo or 660?

Any use/know of anyone who uses the TOM TOM Rider 2? Review?

Thanks

Have seen some very poor online reviews.

Was looking at one for a friend at a great price,but passed on it.

Some said the screen is nearly unreadable for MC usage.Lots of cradle,charging issues,etc.

Here are a bunch of reviews at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/TomTom-Rider-Navigator-Motorcycles-Scooters/dp/B000VB6VOC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1267854546&sr=8-1

JR356

Thanks, I saw those, too. :eek:

Maybe I should buy a waterproof Garmin Nuvi 550

Or, maybe one of these.

I got the Nuvi 500. Same size as the Zumo 550 but without the bluetooth and XM that I don't use anyway. Cost was $250 including MC cradle and wiring harness vs $550 for the zumo.

If you check the Garmin website, they are coming out with a new Zumo 220 that has the same specs as the Nuvi 500 but costs $400 more. Both are claimed to be MC friendly.

just some anecdotal history. I am a fan of the Zumo and of Garmin, so take this into consideration.

Tom Tom customer service is said to be... lacking (putting it mildly)

cali_beemer

I cant comment on the rider 2 but I do have a Tom Tom GPS in my wifes car. Its a mid range model with the bigger screen and alot of the better features. Overall, IT SUCKS! I wont buy another Tom Tom GPS. Hardly any POI's, Takes forever to find signal, gets confused, drops signal all the time, etc.... Every Garmin unit I have owned puts shame to this. I have had a few garmin 2730 untis and the zumo 550 and both of these have been great rock solid GPS's. All I can say is any future GPS I buy will be a Garmin.

Archived