IGNORED

Aerostich Darien Light Pants?

moshe_levy

Hi All-

Just wondering if anyone's used these pants for commuting in summer temps? I'm trying to get a handle on what premium-type overpants are available for the summer commute. My experience is 11 years with Firstgear (Mesh-Tex 1 and Mesh-Tex 2) and I've been happy, but I'd like to know what else is out there on the higher end of the market, and whether it's worth it.

-MKL

I've had Darien Lights (black and now green) for several years but only if the temps are below about 85 degrees or if its raining. Above that I go with the mesh. Bill

Moshe,

After a couple of years of buying $300 sets of gear and having them fall apart in a season, I bit the bullet and got a Darien jacket and pants this winter. 5k miles so far, and I'm delighted. The pants are very functional, easy on and off, and seem very robust. I have only had them to 70, but suspect I can go 80 with the stockers. I don't know how much lighter the Darien Light are, and how much that will really matter at 80. Seems like your still are going to have very limited air flow, especially on the RT. I have an Olympia mesh jacket that I really like, if I go mesh I'll try theirs.

Let us know how they work if you go that way.

Archived