IGNORED

Pictures of Satellite and GPS mounts for 2010 RT

KenK

Here are some pictures of my Nav 4 mounted as well as Satellite radio mounted. Soem people thought that the GPS would block info screen and it does not. Oh yea, the past pic was just because I liked it. :)

Ken

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

Paul In Australia

Nice Bike Ken. BUT you will be having too much fun riding it to use all that electronic stuff.

have fun.

regards

Paul

Paul In Australia

Hi

Anyone who has ridden both a 2010 RT and a previous hexhead RT, got any comments on the obvious difference in the handle bar design ? Improvement? Higher? closer? Anything?

regards

Paul

Ken-

I'm wondering why I don't see those two bolts by my control switch housings to use the mount you used for the Sirius... I'd REALLY like that mount because on my bike, with the BMW tankbag, the center-mount for the GPS (where you have yours) is very inconvenient....

-MKL

To me they feel a little higher but then I have risers on my 09 that swing the controls out about 6 degrees.

The controls are OK but the turn signal's switch and others barely move and it is hard to feel with gloves on. Might be even more "numb" with winter gloves.

All in all I did like the 2010 RT.

Ken, I see you've got the radio option.

As understand it an ipod (possibly iPhone) can plug into the jack provided in the glove box and be controlled by the "controller wheel" on your left handgrip, displaying the info on the RID.

Can this be so with the XM hookups eliminating the need for mounting on the exterior (except for the hockey puck)?

This is great so long as you don't use a tank bag. I have a flip-up Big Mak Stealth still working from two RTs prior. I'm not sure they're even available any more. I rigged mine up to work on my '05 1200RT. Works like a charm, but these GPS positions won't work at all for me. I have a gadget guy mount. It's a gorgeous piece of kit. Black anodized metal bar that mounts above the gages. My Zumo 550 mounts beautifully over the speedometer. The top few numbers of the speedo are not visible, but the GPS shows the speed. I can flip the tank bag up for gas stops like my old RTs.

I agree that that is a top notch mounting job. But I have the same tank bag as tbrown, so I mounted my GPS and camera on my Tayes Engineering shelf. Perfect for me.

Ok, your asking who is Tayes Engineering??? Well, me of course! In the words of the infamous Red Green, "if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy".

Ken-

I'm wondering why I don't see those two bolts by my control switch housings to use the mount you used for the Sirius... I'd REALLY like that mount because on my bike, with the BMW tankbag, the center-mount for the GPS (where you have yours) is very inconvenient....

-MKL

Hi Moshe,

I don't know. I know there were changes on the 2010 so I am not familiar with the prior years. Regardless, there are other mounts from tech Mount that will work for you.

Ken

Ken, I see you've got the radio option.

As understand it an ipod (possibly iPhone) can plug into the jack provided in the glove box and be controlled by the "controller wheel" on your left handgrip, displaying the info on the RID.

Can this be so with the XM hookups eliminating the need for mounting on the exterior (except for the hockey puck)?

Gordon,

That I don't know. I doubt though that you could use the BMW controls for changing station or seeing the readout for the XM display. I have the satellite sound playing through the aux input and it is for sound only. There is no USB output from the satellite.

Ken

Archived