IGNORED

Time to trash the Autocom?

jakfrost

Headed out the shop to gear up for my first ride this season, ( :clap: ), and when I went to pair my new BB Bold 9700 with the Autocom Dongle...no luck. Tried everything I could think of.

Is the default passkey still '0000', anyone know? It just 'fails' everytime I try it. No matter what I put in for a passkey, it fails.

Do I need to do the 'push the button for 6 sec, push again for 6 sec until you get the flashing lite' procedure on the Dongle?

The BB sees the 'Autocom Dongle' in the Bluetooth Setup' page, comes up with the 'enter passkey' page...but can't get the passkey to work.

I'm stumped! To bad, I need my phone for the bike since I am on 1hr callout most of my life...

Jim

Before I got a Zumo, I hardwired my cell phone to the autocom and kept my cell phone in the tank bag. worked fine. Now I BT to the Zumo but hardwire from the zumo to autocom and have no problems. Is there a reason you can't hardwire other than having to plug it in?

I used to do the same with my older Motorola phone, 2.5mm jack from the autocom into the phone, auto answer on, phone in the glove box, away we went.

Problem was since I am on call, I need the phone with me, so every time I headed into a service station to pay the bill, use the facilities, etc. I had to remember to take the phone with me, and a few times I didn't...got burned once. Not a career enhancer to say the least.

With the bluetooth I can leave the phone in the holster and the BT disconnects when I turn of the bike and re-connects when I return. No-brainer!

If I could just get the new phone to pair with the autocom I'd be able to ride on my reserve days without fear of job loss...

Jim

Paul In Australia

Hey Jim

Just a guess here, but the newer phones are using and updated BT protocol these days. Is the autocomm dongle a year or too old? If so that may mean you need to update the dongle to the new protocol.

best paul

Thanks Paul, the plot thickens...I managed to get the Blackberry to 'pair' with the autocom dongle, and it does it automatically on power up of the autocom...BUT I cannot get the phone to ring thru, when I call the cell phone while paired with the autocom dongle.

In or out of the holster the caller is booted to the message center after a couple of rings. Can't find any settings that might be interfering.

The bluetooth function works perfectly in my truck and pairs with the Garmin Nuvi and answers automatically when a call comes to the phone.

Maybe I need a newer autocom dongle?

Thanks Paul, and guess what...I might have blamed the Autocom prematurely once again. Just found out my phone was 'locked out' for some reason, and had to do a 'battery pull' in order to re-boot it.

Too late tonite to check it out but I bet it will work OK now.

Stay tuned!! or not :-).

Jim

Archived