IGNORED

Speaker size? 2004 1150rt

Moto-Moto

I am under the impression that what I want to do with my radio hook up isn't going to work, so the next question is what size speakers fit into the fairing of a 2004 1150rt.

I have an amp with and Aux input and a remote. Also, is there a special mount that is needed to attach any speakers?

Thanks

Matt

Not positive but you probably would not be able to fit anything larger than a 3 to 5 inch speaker in there. You would probably have to make a mount for a regular speaker. The stock ones look like this and are different for left and right sides

Linky to stock speaker

BarrieSalvanda

On my install I put in 4inch speaker swith tweeter,with the crossover in the speaker box.Put my amp in the back in front of the rear light.There was a thread here along time back were a guy put in 5inch with surgery.With out the good 200wat speakers & amp the OEM sep was a no-go.

Barrie Salvanda.

R1150RT (Gone).

R65LS.

Seeley Vincent.

I think the speaker boxes that came on the 1150RT must have had some acoustic enhancement. I can't imagine any other reason to make them as large as they are. My RT came with speakers, antenna, and a radio mount like many of the early 1150RT's. I removed them and have them in a box somewhere. I'd be willing to part with them for a small price and the cost of shipping. They look like the picture in the post above.

Archived