IGNORED

Anyone runnig a Nuvi 755 or 765 on their bike?

cali_beemer

cali_beemer

I have been tempted by the GPS bug again. I have had a zumo 550 and some 2730 units. Now I think I am past having the XM on a bike with the increased costs of their membership, I am no longer subscribing. So I want a GPS but I dont want to spend the ouragous prices for the zumo. It needs to have an mp3 player in it. I saw the Nuvi 755 and can buy one new for 170 bucks. It seems to have all the good features, it has the mp3 player in it as well as an SD card slot. The only drawback is that its not waterproof. Anyone have this an issue? I cant remember the last time I rode in the rain.

I've been looking at the wide-screen Garmins and think they'd work OK in one of the RAM med-wide Aqua-boxes.

The only thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to pipe the audio into my Autocom. I don't see a moto-kit available as the Quest, 2720, etc.... had

cali_beemer

I would simply plug my earbuds into the GPS so it should work fine. I just ran across a waterproof soft case. I may have to give this one a try.

I can't give you details about the Nuvi765T on the bike yet, but I purchased one and like it so much I purchased a second one for my wife.

I do intend to use it on the bike, and am not too worried about waterproof. Will either take it off, or cover with a plastic bag or get a waterproof box for it. Will be using a RAM mount to attach to bike.

For the price of the Zumo 550 or 650, you can purchase two, or three or more of the Nuvi 765T. So for me the Nuvi seems to be a much better deal. Plus I commute and the traffic feature appeals to me. I think that would have been extra, or might not even be available on the Zumo.

The one thing that the 765T series has that on the bike is important to me is that it has route capability. Can store 10 routes. Most of the rest of the Nuvi series does not have this feature. And the Nuvi 765t has bluetooth.

The 785 uses MSN Direct which will be ending in 2012.

The 765T with lifetime traffic (NAVTEQ) and lifetime maps is available at a good price from COSTCO.

Archived