IGNORED

Just bought some new boots and I must say....

FLrider

They are very comfortable.

I found these at a local store, marked down to $149. MSRP is about $250 but the lowest price I've seen online was $229.

Anyway, I know they are probably not very Beemerish and nor are they probably as well made as Sidi's but they breathe, have good arch supports and are easy on/off.

I thought they would take a while to break in but I wore them on a ride to a gun show, walked around for nearly 3 hours and they felt like I had worn them a hundred times.

I think the Goretex helps.

Sorry Guys, I had the link in there. Maybe the mod's deleted it because it links to a retail site. ??? Here it is again.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=4170

TCX Air Techs. Link above.

Rich - I am going to resist tearing you a new one for that unnecessary snide remark. It just seems to be your nature.

All new shoes/boats require a short "break in" period. I wasn't suggesting that the boots passed some extended endurance test. I was just suggesting that they form fit very well out of the box after just a few short hours.

Now that we know what you are talking about.....

I agree, they are a great boot. They are also very waterproof. I am on my second pair!

I think Rich was saying, being a veteran of many gun shows, that more time is spent standing and looking, not actually walking.

Glad they work for you.

I frequently wear my SIDI'a all day at work, all day on the road, and walking for hours at a time.

They have 100,000 miles on them and probably at least a tenth of that walking around.

When you find something that does as well, for less, you've made a discovery.

Best wishes.

Don't want to disparage your boots, but it doesn't appear to me that you could re-soul those? I really like the AeroStich Combat Touring line. For not much more $$ you can have a pair that is re-soulable, and therefore likely to have a much longer useful life. AeroStitch CBT Link

snod,

If you're replying to me (?) then, yes, SIDI's are resoleable.

This can be done by a local cobbler, or sent to Sole Performance where they actually replace the sole w/a factory style.

That cost is $99.

So, if I resole my boots (soon) which were $250, for $350 I should get 200,000+ miles.

Best wishes.

Does the local store where you got them have a website? Those are the best, I have a pair and so does the wife, but not the airflow version.....

A link to them for $150 would be excellent.....

As for wearing out, no worries, mine are quite old (say 6 years now) and the bottoms show no sign of wearing out anytime soon, yet they are still waterproof and very comfortable.

I'm still on my Oxtar (now TCX) Matrix boots. The are getting worn. might be looking for a replacement in a year or so. I'm thinking I want more protection, exoskeletal ankle angle or torsion control, but still in a black touring-style. but I have no complaints about comfort or waterproofness.

Tim,

I was not talking about your SIDIs. I was refering to the boots in the link. They have "Anti-impact malleolous rubber protection" around the bottom that I think would preclude any attempt at resouling. It seems to me that when paying over $200 for a pair of boots, it is prudent to buy something that is rebuildable. Not trying to start any boot wars, just pointing out another thing to consider.

Does the local store where you got them have a website? Those are the best, I have a pair and so does the wife, but not the airflow version.....

A link to them for $150 would be excellent.....

As for wearing out, no worries, mine are quite old (say 6 years now) and the bottoms show no sign of wearing out anytime soon, yet they are still waterproof and very comfortable.

Here you go man.

http://www.barneysstpete.com/

Tim,

I was not talking about your SIDIs. I was refering to the boots in the link. They have "Anti-impact malleolous rubber protection" around the bottom that I think would preclude any attempt at resouling. It seems to me that when paying over $200 for a pair of boots, it is prudent to buy something that is rebuildable. Not trying to start any boot wars, just pointing out another thing to consider.

That's a good point. I wasn't thinking about that. I figured that if I got 4-5 years out of them, I'd be tired of them by then and would want to get something else. But, you are right, it's probably smarter to buy something you can recondition.

I think Rich was saying, being a veteran of many gun shows, that more time is spent standing and looking, not actually walking.

You're a good man Tim. I'll leave it at that.

Don't want to disparage your boots, but it doesn't appear to me that you could re-soul those? I really like the AeroStich Combat Touring line. For not much more $$ you can have a pair that is re-soulable, and therefore likely to have a much longer useful life. AeroStitch CBT Link

Soles don't need to be stitched on to be resoled. When they resoled my BMW boots they just took off the bottom part of the rubber and added it back as new, waterproof, comfy, and all. Have had them for 14 years.

Having said that, I'm not sure whether or not these can be resoled. Can't tell from the pics whether or not there is a seam there so that the same can be done. I'd check with a boot repairer.

They only have size 11 (45) left......

....and they run a little big..

Sorry man! I must have bought the last 10's.

Cruiserworks. Best kept secret in motorcycle boots.

I've tried close to a dozen shoes; many of which have been described on this thread and there's not a one IMHO that comes close to this boot. Maybe not the sporty, BMW type shoe we see and feel we need to compliment our bike but these are great boots in every way.

Bruce

Everyone has a favorite, I have never tried anything better than Oxtar/TCX. Great on and off the bike and even look good at work.

Cruiserworks are just not my style.....

OP, they look like great boots for you. I hope you are very happy with them.

However, I want to nicely and kindly point out some things I've learned about motorcycle boots.

I do not buy motorcycle boots that are great for walking.

I only look for the most protection I can get.

After a friend of mine broke her ankle in a get off wearing the SIDI Champions I rethought my same and got the SIDI Vertigo.

813944448_s7HqL-M.jpg

One very efficient way to buy motorcycle boots is to talk to folks who use them in the protection stage.

(and while I'm on my soap box...)

If I'm going to be walking very much I remove the boot and put on sandals. Many boots don't breath and you need to get your toenails OUT OF THOSE BOOTS if you are going to walk. There is a nasty fungus that can claim your toenail for months.

Toenail fungus causes also include tight, enclosed shoes or boots, which trap sweat and heat.

INFO

Again, your SIDIs look great. I just caution folks to get that ankle protection. At least for old geezers like me ;)

OP, they look like great boots for you. I hope you are very happy with them.

However, I want to nicely and kindly point out some things I've learned about motorcycle boots.

I do not buy motorcycle boots that are great for walking.

I only look for the most protection I can get.

After a friend of mine broke her ankle in a get off wearing the SIDI Champions I rethought my same and got the SIDI Vertigo.

813944448_s7HqL-M.jpg

One very efficient way to buy motorcycle boots is to talk to folks who use them in the protection stage.

(and while I'm on my soap box...)

If I'm going to be walking very much I remove the boot and put on sandals. Many boots don't breath and you need to get your toenails OUT OF THOSE BOOTS if you are going to walk. There is a nasty fungus that can claim your toenail for months.

Toenail fungus causes also include tight, enclosed shoes or boots, which trap sweat and heat.

INFO

Again, your SIDIs look great. I just caution folks to get that ankle protection. At least for old geezers like me ;)

Wow. Those are cool. Look like ski boots! Do they "lock" the ankle in place?

Archived