IGNORED

:..aNYBODY know if my SIDI boots can be "mended"..:

hANNAbONE

i hAVE Sidi "on-Roads" full leather with 4 velcro tightening straps.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-boots/sidi/on-road-boots/

Does anyone know how to secure new velcro to the straps..or who to send it to to get them fixed?

A re-sole might be in order too...so that too could be added in on the mending.

I tried using velcro (industrial strength stuff) but it isn't working the best. Perhaps it needs to be sewn on?

H E L P

I would think any good shoe/boot repair place could do it. I had the soles of my BMW boots done in a shoe repair store in NYC last year. They did a great job. One day service, and they are as waterproof as when I bought them. I imagine the velcro would be a snap for them.

I have the same boot and picked up some glue at a shoe repair shop to reattach the velcro. Worked great. I can't remember the name of it but will look it up when I get home from work.

As well made as the boots are I am sure they could be resoled.

Ewell

markgoodrich
http://www.factoryresole.com/

pretty sure they do touring boots, I was planning on sending mine soon.

They do ANY boots, with one of two different SIDI soles, a motocross and a sole made originally for trials competitions. I have the latter on a pair of Vendramini boots. $100 bucks, almost instant turnaround, wearing great after something like 18 months, comfortable to walk in. These are the guys who redo all the Aerostich boots.

I bet a dollar they can do the Velcro replacement, too.

yUP - resoled locally, coming up...but the velcro is a potential problem me thinks.

Although I think it probably wouldn't be necessary, in the worst case a good local shoe/boot repair place could replace the velcro if you went out and bought the velcro you wanted. They certainly could cut and sew it to fit.

I wouldn't lay any odds on Mark's bet.

Archived