IGNORED

Chicago area seat builder?

ChitownRT

I'm looking to have someone do some seat work and was hoping to keep it local. Anyone know a Chicago area seat builder they would recommend? I have a BMW pan... andy thoughts about having someone build on a "Corbin" or "Sargent" pan? Thanks.

Guy in Orland Park does 'cycle seat work/modifications. Seen him advertise on Craig's List.

I know a guy who had work done by them and he was happy and said the charges were very fair.

Do you know if this is just private guy or is it Midwest Auto Tops and Upholstery? That's what came up when I did a web search. I also heard of a guy on the north side who goes by Crocodile Bob because he uses unusual skins to build custom seats. I've got a couple of upholstery shops near me...

Yes Midwest...I believe that is the place in Orland.

I believe I met Croc Bob last year at one of the BMW Club's Hot Dog rides. Nice dude,had some of his work handy. Mostly Harley seats an custom chopper stuff. Lost his business card tho...

About 10 years ago I had a guy at an automotive upholstery shop a block or two north of Howard and 1/2 mile east of the Edens redo a Corbin for me.

But can't find his name/number or address.

One thing kinda cool was,..he let me watch as he did some auto seat work.

I watched and learned a few "tricks" as he installed pleats during an install of leather seating. The auto interior was white leather in an old antique roadster.

Archived