IGNORED

Touch Up Paint NLA?

moshe_levy

While at the dealer today getting my Airflow 2 gloves, I asked for some touch up paint, and was told it's NLA. Something about new regs on shipping paint. With a black bike, that's going to be a problem, because it shows EVERY little nick. I don't want matched paint from a body shop - I want a little can of factory touch up paint, as I've been buying for all my vehicles for years. Any ideas?

-MKL

Maybe you've already enquired, but could the BMW car dealership have touch up paint if given your exact paint code?

I just looked up Biarritz Blue Met. and find that its code is 363 and that this 363 code does appear in a list of BMW car colors.

Moshe:

In my experience black has been the easiest to touch up. I use dupli color universal black from the auto store. I was at a dealer once and the sales guy put a minor shallow scratch in a black bike when he was moving it. He grabbed a black sharpy and gave it a swipe. I couldn't tell the difference.

Other colors especially white are another story.

www.holtbmw.com

these guys are a BMW Motorrad and Glasurit dealer, the company that makes the OEM paint for bMW bikes. they will mix and send you what ever you need. They know all the paint codes!!! Call or email them. Very helpful and knowledgeable!

Not close, a perfect match since it is the exact orignal paint. They will know your paint code.

they sent me the silver trim paint for my '09 RT.

Moishe,

I was informed by the fine folks at BMW of Lynchburg (ex-Hammersley), that BMW Motorrad stopped carrying the touch-ups but you CAN buy the touch-up from BMW Auto provided your paint has the same colour code as BMW Auto's :thumbsup:.

HERE is a handy link to BMW AUTO paint codes.

Moishe,

HERE is a handy link to BMW AUTO paint codes.

Yep. I found touch up at the BMW auto dealer. By the way K12GT '08 Aventurine Silver Met is S58 P. # 51910427976. You get a tube of color and one of clear--just like the BMW moto paint when it was available. So, if the auto group can import, why can't the motorcycle division?

Archived