IGNORED

They finally built my dream helmet

RodB

While I've been busy with my wintertime passion (snowmobiling 8500km's), I did find the time to purchase a new set of these helmets.

For the last 5 years, I've been well satisfied with my Caberg Justissimo helmet.

Although I've seen claims of replacing helmets every 5 years, I don't really adhere to this rule of thumb, but when I saw these, I just needed to try them. The concept was just too interesting to pass up.

Well, although my snowmobiling season is not quite yet finished, the roads and driveway dried up just enough to go out for a spin and want to report that my 1st impressions are good:

-Very comfortable with the memory foam and plush interior.

-Very lightweight at 1490 grams.

-The intercom speakers easily install in a predetermined location which is just right for good listening.

-Seems quieter than my Justissimo.

-Very good looking in both the winter and summer modes.

-Peripheral vision is good.

Givi has done a fine job with these - they even have a website dedicated to this model.

I'm satisfied with my purchase so far. I think that the summer mode will also be appreciated in the hot weather.

Now, this helmet is neither DOT or Snell approved, therefore not allowed to be sold in the USA or Canada. It is ECE ONU 2205 approved, which to my understanding, is equal or better than the DOT standard, which is acceptable to me.

Plus an integrated sun visor! I'm with you...this sounds like my dream helmet. I looks like I handed Givi all of my wants. Very, very smart design as long as it's quiet.

No DOT approved for the US. I wonder if they still are allowed to export them? I would hope so. I e-mailed Givi asking this.

Plus an integrated sun visor! I'm with you...this sounds like my dream helmet. I looks like I handed Givi all of my wants. Very, very smart design as long as it's quiet.

No DOT approved for the US. I wonder if they still are allowed to export them? I would hope so. I e-mailed Givi asking this.

I got mine through a UK ebay seller(motoretta_uk). He no longer has any listings, but after I bought my 1st helmet and needed a 2nd one, I messaged him through Ebay and had no problem getting a 2nd one. He also had the best prices I could find. The sizes run a little small, I needed to order 1 size bigger than usual.

Hey Rod, missed my trip to Mt. Carlton this spring, so basically no sledding at all for me this season. Sucks the big one...anyway glad you Westmorland Co. boys got to get out, probably mostly Albert Co, eh?

That helmet looks great for the sled but given the considerable difference in 'average sustained speed' between the snow machine and the moto machine I'm wondering about the wind noise, it just 'looks' noisy.

Anxious to hear your feedback after a few longer rides!

Jim ( Carlton Co. boy )

Hey Jim, all my sledding this season was done here - see color code trails and snowcover

Trails are still in terrific condition, so you still have time; should be good for the next couple of weeks. Forecast is for 35+ cm next week :clap:

The Givi helmet is strictly my bike helmet, would not do for the sled. (no inside fog control for winter riding). As for noise, I was not really focusing on it, (just enjoying the 1st bike ride this year) so I just assume that it was really quiet, as I don't remember thinking it was noisy. :/

Rod (Gloucester Co. boy)

Scorpion 1000. Got it on sale for 200 bucks. Every thing else is hype and ego talking.

Not quite the womb comforting fit of a Shoei but not a bad second. Nice flip-up dark shield too. Anti-fog! Uncle reasonable.

Sorry Rod, for some reason I thought you were in the Moncton area! Perhaps it was the FD failure with reference to a local Moncton dealer (?) that gave me that impression.

Yessir you are in prime sledding territory, especially this last season! The local dealers here are going bankrupt. Some great deals though...

I think you found a great helmet, and an excellent price!

No shore like the north shore, thats for shore!!! LOL .

Jim

Archived