IGNORED

BMW OEM Alarm system

SCJ

Just purchased an 09 RT which did not have the alarm system. Dealer indicated that it would cost $600 to $700 to have it installled.

A&S BMW Motorcycle (which put me on to this website) has the alarm retrofit kit for $352 (s&h included) which comes with the brain and two transmitters.

I know that I will have to get the bike coded after install.

My questions are;

1. where does the brain mount under the seat

2. where are the two wiring connectors that plug into the brain located.

3. has anyone done this mod and

4. does anyone have pictures.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, SCJ

markgoodrich
Just purchased an 09 RT which did not have the alarm system. Dealer indicated that it would cost $600 to $700 to have it installled.

A&S BMW Motorcycle (which put me on to this website) has the alarm retrofit kit for $352 (s&h included) which comes with the brain and two transmitters.

I know that I will have to get the bike coded after install.

My questions are;

1. where does the brain mount under the seat

2. where are the two wiring connectors that plug into the brain located.

3. has anyone done this mod and

4. does anyone have pictures.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, SCJ

Mounts in the tail. I have it on my bike. I have used it twice, once to see what it sounded like, and one other time just for the heck of it. Waste of money, in my opinion (I bought my bike used). If you are determined to have an alarm, perhaps an aftermarket setup would make enough noise to be a deterrent??? Just a thought, have never looked into it.

Paul In Australia

I have one on my 2008 RT. Use it every day. Works fine. Easy to use. No problems at all.

It has gone off twice. Once when a motorist decided to move the bike a little to get more parking room ( a almost fatal move on his part) and once when a kid jumped on it in the garage. So it works

regards

paul

Archived