IGNORED

aeroflow....wow

gmarktbone

Just installed my new Aeroflow windshield on my 02RT. What a difference-I should have done this a long time ago. Stock screen will be for sale soon.

I eventually had to replace the Aeroflow in the summer with a shorter screen to get some air flow. Aeroflow works too well in the summer in my opinion.

Bruce

Thanks for the heads-up. I was about to box the stock screen in the new box to make shipping easier for the person who bought it. I'll hold off for now.

I've got 4 screens.

The Aeroflow is only for real cold/wet, the stock touring screen rarely, the stock RS sport screen most of the time and the ZTech short for really hot weather.

You're in 'Bama where it warms up at times too so I'd wait to sell the stock and might even look at a shorter screen for summer.

Best wishes.

I eventually had to replace the Aeroflow in the summer with a shorter screen to get some air flow. Aeroflow works too well in the summer in my opinion.

Bruce

Ditto here. I loved my Aeroflow on my R1100RT, and it gave me many years of great service. Quiet, and warm. Too hot for NY summers though. In Alabama, you're going to be searching for airflow IMO.

I'd suggest selling the stock windshield and buying a short used summer shield for the same or maybe fewer $$. I did this and it was a perfect pair.

It's never been an issue for me, but then again we don't get that summer humidity. I spend way more time on the GS in the summer anyway.

If you're concerned with these things - potential buyers of your used bike are usually happy to see that the stock screen comes with the bike... kinda like getting free sprinkles at the ice cream parlor.

My RT came with an Aeroflow and I have always been very pleased with it, yes not so much airfow in hot weather but that never bothered me much.

I just got an aftermarket seat and it has totally changed my relationship to the Aeroflow. With the new seating position I can see that I am going to need a shorter windshield.

So, if yout are thinking about an aftermarket seat, it might be good to keep your old windshield

mistercindy

I glad it worked for you! :thumbsup: An Aeroflow transformed my '05 12GS. The buffeting was so bad that I was ready to get rid of the bike, and the Aeroflow was my last resort. I've had it on since early 2006 and have ridden over 50,000 miles with it. Fantastic product.

Lots of people say the Aeroflow is too much for summer, but that hasn't been my experience. I live in north Texas where we have pretty intense summers from June through September, and when moving I get plenty of clean air on my arms and upper torso. The key is that the air is clean, not buffeting me to death. If I had any complaints (and they're tiny complaints), its that the Aeroflow does prevent most air from hitting my helmet vents. I compensate by cracking my helmet's faceshield a half inch or so and that works fine.

BTW, I've kept my stock screen for the I sell (if I sell) my bike. If I sell it I'll put the stocker back on and sell the Aeroflow separately.

Archived