IGNORED

Tom Tom Rider 2nd Edition questions

Glacier_g_rt

Glacier_g_rt

I'm hoping someone could help me with some information about the Tom Tom Rider 2 gps unit. I'm interested in using the Rider as a source of MP3 music and would like to know a couple of things. Is the volume adjustment linear or does it go up and down in 10% increments like the Garmin units? Can you change or add a SD card to hold a few gigs of music? Is there a radio you can listen to? Any help is appreciated.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

There is a TTR web help page out there somewhere but can't find my bookmark for it.

You can go up in size in the SD card but, from what I've read, it has to be SD because SDHC won't work. 99% of all cards are SDHC apparently.

Don't know about MP3's.

advrider.org/forums.....Making Tracks. Ask the question there but, but warned that there's some dorks in that particular forum that think you should already know the answer to questions you ask. There's more helpers than not though.

cali_beemer

mp3 player is not listed in their spec's. Despite having a SD card and being able to put MP3's on it, you will still need mp3 player capability. Even with garmin, you still need that feature. Outside the motorcycle units, there are very few car units that have this feature.

cali_beemer

I am looking to pick up a garmin 765 or comprable unit. They have an MP3 player, bluetooth and SD card slot. Only downside is they arent waterproof but thats not something that a ziplock bag cant handle. If you need something fancier they make waterproof cases to cover that model. It can be had for 170 bucks new. When I can afford it I will be buying one.

Archived