IGNORED

z- tchnik

taters

i have an 1150 rt which i guess i am gonna keep for a long time hopefully. does anyone here have a z-technik windshield? if so, how do you like it? is there that big a difference than a stock windshield? thanks for any imput

Taters,

I have the Z tech "V" stream windshield on my RT for 3 years now. I really like it over the stock windshield. I can have it down to where I can see over it and the airflow still flies the bugs up over my helmet. It seems quieter as well. I have not tried any of the other windshields out there so cannot speak to that. :thumbsup:

I had one on my 2004 but wound up returning it in favor of an Aeroflow. The Aeroflow is like a barn door but I commuted every day (including winter) for 105 miles at the time, so I needed all the protection I could get.

-MKL

LeftCoastMan

I have the Ztechnik, and I love it. First, the evidence supports polycarbonate over acrylic in shields. The BMW OEM windshield is polycarbonate, so I'm guess there's a good reason. Second, I like it's styling, which is kind of cool. Lastly, it does what it's supposed to do, pass the air around you.

On the downside, I've seen about a 5% drop in gas mileage. Not good. And some people, not I, have seen the windshield brackets failed. I think if you search around these parts, there's a link to it.

I have a Cee Bailey's on my '01 R1100RT. I will not be able to say enough good things about it. I went with the Design #2 Euro cut and noticed a drastic difference in noise. (for the better). My last bike had the Aeroflow but like the comment above it was like riding behind a barn door.

+++ for the ZTechnic windshield. I have tried others with varying results, the only constant was I ended up going back to the stock for different reasons.

The ZTechnic is the only one I that felt so natural that I put it on and forgot it...for 5 years now.

I did have to replace the stock 'arms' after 3 years, not sure if that was due to the added pressure from the larger screen, or just poor design and/or material in the OEM parts.

Jim

StriderWalker

I installed a ZTecknik on my '09 RT after riding the OEM windshield for the first month. It's a beefier shield, and wider--redirects the air flow to the sides and top. Very quiet as a result. Also, the video on the ZTechnik website convinced me of why polycarbonate is preferable.

I had a V-Stream on my 02 RT. Vastly superior to stock. I'm 6'1" with 31" inseam. Tall upper body. V-stream was nice but not nirvana. I still have not found nirvana. Currently running the stock screen with a Laminar Lip attached with nylon screws and spacers. I've been experimenting with different spacers for different angles. I'm pretty happy at this point. I've actually considered putting the Laminar Lip on the V-Stream!

Hawk

Had a Z-technik on my '02 RT for about a month ... then went to the Cee Baileys. No comparison to me .... sold the Z-Technik and stayed with the Cee-Bailey

Archived