IGNORED

Can you recognize this exhaust sound?

Bheckel169

I'm in the market for a new aftermarket exhaust for my 08 1200 R and I came across this YouTube video of a 1200 r and his exhaust notes which are very interesting to me. I've listened to several manufacturers exhausts, but none of them sound like this one. It almost sounds like a volkswagen engine but I really like it. Anybody out there know what kind of exhaust this might be?

Bruce

I'm in the market for a new aftermarket exhaust for my 08 1200 R and I came across this YouTube video of a 1200 r and his exhaust notes which are very interesting to me. I've listened to several manufacturers exhausts, but none of them sound like this one. It almost sounds like a volkswagen engine but I really like it. Anybody out there know what kind of exhaust this might be?

The only thing I can add to this is that, considering the quality of his video, the quality of his audio equipment (or lack thereof) is probably not the best and is thus affecting what you hear. Still, it sounds kind of cool.

mIVV...I say.!!

I've got a REMUS on my 4-banger K12R.sport..granted that ain't no opposed twin -

The more I listen the more I believe it's a MiVV

Ok now we've got the peanut gallery participating. But, I still think the MIVV is probably the closest to what I was hearing. You think the baffles are out?

I'm going to see if I can get some access to more of this product's sounds.

Bruce

OK, I'm gonna show my ignorance. What is the purpose of one of these exhaust systems? Is it strictly for the increased sound volume or is there actually some performance enhancement? :lurk:

Depending on the can, it varies, but about 5%, but I also like the sound of this particular exhaust.

Bruce

Archived