IGNORED

Scosche Wireless Vehicle RF Remote For iPod

Groanup

I just got this iPod remote a few days ago, and had a chance to test it yesterday while traveling to and from the Tech Day at Bigfish's place.

A couple of the guys expressed an interest in it. I am not in any way involved with Scoche or Apple. Just wanted to share what I think is a pretty cool product.

Works up to (claimed) 100 feet away from your iPod.

Works with any iPod (Gen2 and up) with a 30 pin bottom "dock" (does NOT work with the Shuffle)

The RF receiver has a "pass through" so you don't have to remove it to sync or recharge your iPod.

The receiver is powered by the iPod. Not sure about the 7-button remote. I don't see any obvious way to open it for battery replacement, and the instruction sheet (in 3 languages) doesn't mention a battery for the remote at all.

Features:

7-button RF remote

RF Receiver

Steering wheel cradle

Hook and loop strap (for the steering wheel cradle)

Scosche005.jpg

I have a Gen5 Nano with the earbud receiver on the same end as the dock. Because of this, the iPod earbuds wont fit. The plug is too large (diameter).

Scosche003.jpg

However, I use an aftermarket set and the plug is a smaller diameter so it's tight, but it fits.

Scosche001.jpg

Scosche004.jpg

It works very well with the iPod (with receiver) in my inside jacket pocket and the remote in the map pocket on my tank.

The seven buttons include volume up, volume down, previous track, next track, a "folder" button and shuffle.

With my heavy gloves on, the volume buttons are easy to use, but it was hard to hit just the "next/prev track button and the pause/play button. After some practice, I got better at it. I have found no use for the other two buttons yet, but my iPod is always in "shuffle" mode and I don't have my music seperated into folders at this time.

I think I will try to find a better mounting solution, although the map pocket works quite well.

Oh, did I mention they are $20 off at this time?

Here's a LINK

These systems are wonderful! I bought the IJet version of this on Amazon for under $30 bucks. The remote is not as full of features, doesn't have the ability to change playlists but does everything else.

The remote on the IJet is very small and has a clip that I attach to my coat on the wrist strap.

http://www.amazon.com/iJET-Wireless-iPod-Remote-Black/dp/B000K18PNI

I am not affiliated with any of the above either.

Ditto on the review. I have used this remote on long trips and also find it to be excellent.

One additional benefit is that it seems to be more widely compatible with different iPod models. I have used it on two generations of the iPod touch as well as two generations of the nano.

• 1 month later...

One more thing.....

The crowding of the audio jack can be easily solved by (a) using a slim plug like the one pictured and (b) sanding the edge of the Scosche adapter down a bit (not too far). Fits like a charm now.

Archived