IGNORED

Noise cancelling mic/headset

BobsST

Is there a good quality noise cancelling mic/headset that can be used with most FRS/GMRS radios? Scala, Blueant etc. all seem to have their limits as to range and how many people can hook-up.

Doesn't have to be wireless, PTT would be OK and even if it needs another power source that would work.

Basically looking for something simple that will work at 70-80 mph.

Thanks - Bob

I find that my GMRS through an Autocom works outstanding at 80 mph. The key is having it properly set up. The mic must be nearly touching your lips and the speakers exactly over your ear hole and lightly touching. Given that, no issues at any speed tht I ride.

• 2 weeks later...

When I set up my system, I opted for an open-cockpit aircraft system that provides superb noise cancellation. Trust me, there is no motorcycle situation that is louder than flying at nearly 200 mph in an open cockpit aircraft. The system has interfaces for music and two-way radio and provides either VOX or PTT functionality and is small enough to mount under the seat or inside the fairing. With this system, the noise cancellation is done electronically so your microphone selection is less critical. When riding with my honey, I can hear her whisper. Here's a link - look at the "N" models, designed for high noise environments.

Linky

Archived