IGNORED

Youth Helmet?

EddyQ

My daughter is now 9 years old and my son is 6. I've been putting off giving either a ride til my youngest can touch flat footed on the passenger pegs. Well, he pointed out to me recently that he nicely fits. So, I need to get helmets for these two and toot around the neightborhood. I went to several dealers and looked over what was on the web. Seems most "youth" helmets are off-road. If I get one with DOT approval, they are good for both worlds. Well, the full faced road helmets look like they offer much more protection. Their face is surounded. Sure, the off-road would require goggles, but even with them, they seem very lacking. Plus, I cannot see us doing any off-road. There simply isn't any off-road places to ride within a 30 mile radius of here.

In between off-road and a road full face, there are some nice 3/4 options.

Also, what is the difference between a "youth" helmet and a XS? We tried on both and it seems the XS helmets fit well.

Any thoughts with a youth helmet?

Ah yes, the old " when you can touch the pegs comfortably ...... "

My eight year old niece made me keep my promise last summer. I wanted a full face street helmet for her and ended up with a youth size HJC. The xs adult size was just too big for her. I think the youth helmet might weight less also. If the XS adult size is a good fit for your young rider, you'll have many more helmets to choose from.

Here's Andrea's first ride. I think she's hooked!!!

100_2897.jpg100_2899.jpg

In between off-road and a road full face, there are some nice 3/4 options.

Eddy, i've been using a Bell Mag 8 for trail riding & with the shield down it's pretty quiet for road use.

Pat

CONGRATULATIONS both of you!

I've had my son (now 7 and a half!) on the bike off and on for a couple years now. He outgrew his HJC youth helmet and the original get I got him to use.

214981651_XLFKZ-M.jpg

I just recently got him a BMW Stoke suit to wear for his second set of full gear. this suit is great in that it's a 3/4 length jacket with sleeves you can make longer via a zipper around the middle of them. The pants work the same way and have suspenders to hold them up.

If you act fast, you can find them on sale for less than $100 for each piece. The quality is great, the armor is good and the quantities are limited. My son loves his gear and it makes me feel much better about taking him riding. I have a picture of him in it someplace, I'll post it if I can find it.

He is now in an HJC XS adult modular helmet and he loves it.

n1296331934_30239024_3478898.jpg

Thank Matt, Pat and Mark ! The pictures are great. Like the handle Mark. And the smile!

Yeh, I think both my kids will have that smile too.

I like the suit too. You are right, there are some deals on it. I found it for $150 for the pair!

Nate loves that suit Eddy, I even got him the next bigger size so he can grow into it!

I think the next best thing I did for him was putting an autocom headset in his helmet. He will tell me anything that is bothering him, sing me songs and generally let me know how much he loves being on the motor with me.

Something worth considering.

I was able to grab a Medium suit today which will probably fit my kids in a couple of years. Anyone know where I find a size S?

I was able to grab a Medium suit today which will probably fit my kids in a couple of years. Anyone know where I find a size S?

Give THESE guys a call. I've never done business with them, but the price is right.

Archived