IGNORED

New Daylong seat

xbubblehead

xbubblehead

I received the seats Friday night, Saturday put 360 miles in the saddle. They look great and the backrest works well. The seats are suppose to broken in for 500-1000 miles but it felt

great out of the box (plus the smell of new leather reminded me of a new baseball mitt). They are leather inserts with vinyl sides, but it all seems to be leather. Great quality job

by Russell! Well worth the three weeks without riding.

The only issue, I was told before hand, I am 5'7" and with my inseam I could barely place the balls of my feet on the ground. Now, I am on my tip toes! That - I will have to get used to.

Why does BMW think everyone is over 6 feet tall?

Here are some picts from my Iphone.

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

Your seat looks great. I got mine a few weeks ago and I took my first longer ride on it yesterday, it was pretty comfortable most of the time, started to get a little uncomfortable toward the end, but I shifted in the saddle a little and it was fine. They did say it would take a break in period of 500-1000 miles. Here is the crazy part, I bought a low-seat, low-suspension 2009 RT and I was on the balls of my feet on the original seat, on the Russell I'm now on my tip-toes. I'm hoping once the seat settles a bit it will come down a little more, but I'm willing to make the trade off for the comfort. A Russell Day Long Seat is everything everyone told me it would be, I'm a happy camper with mine. I think mine was $665 (black vinyl, half moon design), a good value for the money. Don

xbubblehead
Looks awesome' I'm sure your backside is happy!!! Would you mind sharing the cost of your comfort?

Sure, I got both seats with the leather inserts, backrest and final shipping/insurance for $948. And yes, my backside is very happy.

Why does BMW think everyone is over 6 feet tall?

That isn't it at all. They just don't acknowledge that you have to stop and put a foot down. :rofl:

I'm glad to see this post and the pics. I've had my RT since last June, and it is the best bike I've ever had... yet because something is only as good as it's weakest link, it is also the most uncomfortable bike I've ever had. The stock seat is so terrible for me, that I can barely make a 90 mile trip without wanting to just jump off at speed. Not as bad for my wife but it could be better. Today I just submitted my order form for one of these, and I can hardly wait. I hope it makes as much of a difference as a lot of people say it does.

EDIT: The height thing is not an issue for me, in fact I have the stock seat at the highest position and wouldn't mind it a little higher.

Thanks for the pics as I ordered the exact same seat and my build date was yesterday. 75F and no tree pollen for the past three days and I can't wait to ride her with a decent seat.

xbubblehead

I hope both Hydrilla and rinkydink have the same experience with Russell as I did - great customer service and great quality. I seat is top notch in my book and its still within the "break in" stage.

Archived