IGNORED

riding boots

prof

Does anyone know of a source for genuine M/C riding boots in wide sizes. I wear 12 EEE and can find work boots, hunting boots, etc. but not riding boots. Harley does market one style of very heavy engineer boots in extra wide, but none of the European manufacturers make them in wide as far as I can tell. Doesn't anyone in Europe with wide feet ride? Any tips will be appreciated.

Prof......me too! I wear a 11 EEE. Sidi makes a series that includes wide sizes. In trying to track them down, I found some AlpineStars that are not marketed as wide, but they certainly do fit my fat feet. They are so comfortable that I sometimes leave them on at work after I ride in. Someone will comment after 3-4 hours....you still wearing your riding boots? I bought the Alpinestars at Cycle Gear but tried them on before buying. Good luck!

I use Rev'It boots (my street shoes are wide, though not EEE). I found that the Italian manufacturers are generally narrow in sizing - it may be worthwhile to check the Dutch.

Their biggest on-line dealer seems to be Revzilla, who has a pretty decent return policy. Rev'It is also carried by several brick-and-mortar dealers, but it's usually clothes and gloves, not boots.

The Aerostich boots are made by Sidi, and, although not marketed as wide, feel incredibly wide to me. Problem is, unless you can borrow a pair, you either have to ride to Duluth, or eat shipping charges if they don't work for you. In my experience, the Aerostich boots run true to size, or perhaps a half size large.

mY tAKE :

Sidi "On-Roads"..wonderful 10 yrs old and just had them re-soled and re-velcroed = $70.00

what's not to like.

GreatDaysAhead

Anybody have any ideas or knowledge of size 15 boots? Ya I know just wear the boxes they come in!!! :dopeslap: Hope this is'nt a hijacking.

mY tAKE :

Sidi "On-Roads"..wonderful 10 yrs old and just had them re-soled and re-velcroed = $70.00

what's not to like.

+1

Very comfy...enough so that I can (and often do) wear them all day, on or off the bike.

You are looking for the Sidi Mega. They are carried by New Enough and other online stores. They run very wide(EEE)

Try Daytona, possibly Oxtar (makes RevIt boots). BMWs Santiago boots are wide, but not sure about your size?

Oooh, and Altberg boots have been recommended on several occasions on other forums. Made in Scotland, or the North of England I think..?

Altberg do a made to measure IIRC...

Archived