IGNORED

K12RS or GS mirrors

noel

So, I'm ready to make the plunge on getting additional mirrors for my R12RT. The stock would have been fine but additional bags on the panniers makes them less optimal. Being that I'm using a Large CalSci, would the mirrors mess with the clearance of the windshield in the down position? I do prefer the KRS mirrors but the wider stem worries me. Experiences?

Cheers.

The K1200RS mirrors work well with the stock windshield on, but not with a VStream ZTechnik one. With this windshield on during a sharp turn, the mirrors will hit it. So one will have to go.

markgoodrich

Med CalSci with RS mirrors still has more than 3 inches clearance (from edge of shield straight back to mirror) at full lock.

I did the KRS mirrors on my 07RT. As much as I thought I would be I was not impressed. Didn't like them at all... I'm sure it'll completely depend upon your size and the ergonomics of your bike. Me: 5'10" with a 33+/- inseam on a standard non ESA bike, standard seat and no changes to the handle bar location. The KRS mirrors looked awesome, really, but practically they sucked. Runnin' down the road there was too much interferenc with the stock mirrors. IE looking into/through the KRS mirrors was "typical" of standard bikes. Past that and the stock mirrors There wasn't problems with physical interferences at all but the sight interference

Archived