IGNORED

Any experience with

alimar

LeftCoastMan

I'm not sure what you're trying to buy, but you should stick with the online retailers that most of us had great experience with:

Motorcycle Superstore. Good people with fast shipping, great return policy, and competitive pricing on just about everything. I buy my tires here, for example.

Touratech USA. Again, good people. This is the place to go for touring stuff specific to the BMW, especially the GS. Expensive, but they don't sell junk. I've got a few things from them for my bike. They have a great return policy. The Touratech guys are devoted to touring bikes, and they know their stuff. Apparently, when you ride up the west coast, heading to Alaska, you can stop at their store, get a shower, use their WiFi, and spend money! I just feel more comfortable with retailers who actually know and use their own products.

Twisted Throttle. I dont' see them mentioned a lot around here, but they sell some really nice German made bags for bikes. I've bought a few Bags Connection bags from them. And they have lots of farkles for our bikes. Again, great customer service.

Revzilla. I love this store. Competitive prices AND they have warehouses in several locations, so ground shipping (free or very low cost) is almost overnight. I buy all my gear at Revzilla, including jackets, pants and boots. The customer service people ride motorcycles, so when you ask them "is this going to be hot in the summer", they answer honestly. They also sell Rev'it gear, which I think is much better than BMW stuff, but that's my opinion.

There are several other places, but these are the ones that I hit regularly. And I have used the return policy at each, and they're all excellent. They have great customer service people. And if you get some sort of bad vibes from a seller, I'd run.

Anyways, everyone has their opinion on these retailers, though I think that there is a strong consensus on Motorcycle Superstore is one of the best.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Shop the usual online guys but also look at cyclegear.com. There's a store 15 minutes from you. They usually honor their online prices in the store but, you have to ask. I've found that they sometimes make pricing errors online...to your advantage. They also do a 10% off everything in the store a couple times a year. Oh, and based upon some of the used up crap in the bins in the back of the store, they take everything back.

I should have elaborated... I ordered some Autocom gear online with them over 3 weeks ago. It was near 11pm that evening and I was impressed as Eric replied within an hour saying 2 of the 3 parts were available and asked if I wanted a refund for that one part or ship the 2 parts and keep the order open until receipt of the third. The part? A mono cable, I think $10.99. I replied that for now ship what he has and we’ll keep the order open but if I was able to source the part elsewhere I would go with the refund. Not a problem at all Eric said. The two parts were shipped. On the following Sunday I asked about additional Autocom gear plus queried about my original shipment. Impressed again as Eric replied later that evening, on a Sunday no less… But I thought it a bit odd when he says my order was returned by the post office due to the address label being mangled. OK, no big deal, he’ll reship the stuff after I decide if I wanted the additional items. I asked that the original stuff be shipped as I was still contemplating the purchase of the additional parts. Nothing further was said. So the package shows up late that week, this is about 12 days ago now. It wasn’t a real professional packaging job but none the less well enough for what I bought. The parts are Autocom, new, no problem. I send Eric an email letting him know the parts showed up OK and that I decided I would like to go ahead and buy some additional items. They total up around $80 I think. I continue that I did find a source for the remaining part on my original order so I ask how he would like to proceed. I would like to order the new parts and be credited the $10.99. Zip, not a word, several emails (no phone number on their site to call) and nothing… It’s been over a week at this point. It’s certainly not about the 11 bucks. I’m disappointed that the headset loom I want he’s got, or so he says and I’ll not order it from them at this point based upon principal and questionable practice, that being the odd story with the mailing label, the unprofessional packaging job (a reused box from some part or parts unrelated to bikes) and now no response after originally pretty quick responses. Add to that that the prices are full list… I just don’t feel comfortable shelling out more coin with these guys and was wondering if anyone else had any experience at all with them.

...you should stick with the online retailers that most of us had great experience with:

No doubt, I agree. But I couldn't find a place that had everything I was looking for. When I got to this site it looked like they did have everything so I bit. Now y'all know they're questionable so my experience I hople helps others make a better decision.

Just a quick update, Premier Cycle has credited my card the $11. Still zero communications from them however. Not likely to do business with them again...

I purchased several Autocom parts from them in the past with no problem. I guess I can understand your frustration with no contact from them in a week, but by and large it sounds like they made good on everything you wanted to do.

Don't know if this is the case here, but some online "retailers" staff only a couple of people. If someone is out on vacation or gets sick, it can affect how quickly or even if you get any replies via email. Anyone can have a fancy web presence but for all you know, they might work out of their parents' garage.

Archived