IGNORED

Hyper Lites

Lmar

I am in the process of ordering a set of Hyper lites for my 09 RT. I plan to order the running/brake 2 * 16 lights. Not sure which model to order; non flashing, standard flashing, modulating or California.

Is there any law in Alberta (Canada) restricting flashing or modulating brake and running lights?

Thanks in advance.

I don't think that there is any Canadian law, not sure about Alberta. In Ontario, I had the 16 light flashing set on my VStrom. I am not sure if it saved me anytime or not, but other riders said it was definitely noticeable. I would say to go for the flashers.

I have the 16 light flashing on my RT. I don't know if they are legal in Alberta, but I did get stopped for speeding and the cop didn't say anything about the lights. BTW, he just gave me a warning!

I just installed a sixteen flashing set on my RT....definitley makes the bike more visible.....you may want to consider the flashing set as well.....a real attention getter

BeemerLover

Last weekend I rode with a group and the guy in front of me had what looked like the 16 led Hyperlites where the top 8 lites on each side were amber. The amber lites were on and blinking fast when the brakes were applied but would blink slowly only when the turn signal was on. They were the best ones I have seen.

Archived