IGNORED

Roto-Pax aux fuel can on X-challenge

lawnchairboy

lawnchairboy

I mounted a one gallon Roto-Pax aux fuel can to my touratech rear mount tonite, the install was manageable, even for me. The Roto Pax has a unique bracket that locks the plastic container down whatever you mount it on. The touratech rear pack sits right on top and as long as I mind the weight of what I carry in there, the rack should hold up just fine. some pics...

836213905_RNWPG-M.jpg

836214759_WvvSR-M.jpg

836215780_a5VQp-M.jpg

836215642_9bXvs-M.jpg

That's nice Chris! I was admiring the setup a local guy did with his rotopax tank on his WR250. He built an aluminum bracket that looks almost like a bikini fairing above the headlight and mounts the tank to that.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Cool setup. Looking at something like that for my KLR.

Word of caution though. Mass high and far away from the center of mass on a bike can do nasty things. Especially if it is a liquid as it has the ability to let the tail wag the dog. Gas is much more dense than extra pants, shirt and jacket liner.

Paul Mihalka

Yup, but one gallon of gas is only 6 lbs, plus the tank. The tank will be either full or empty, so no sloshing.

I mounted the 2 gal version on the back rack of my DRZ for the Continental Divide ride. Even with the large Clarke tank, I needed the extra fuel two times. Worked really great.

Archived