IGNORED

Is there such a thing as a battery terminal management product?

FLrider

Has anyone seen any gizmo that allows for better management of all the ring terminals on the battery posts.

Between the moto lights, seat heat and other electrical items, my battery post terminals are way overcrowded with wires jutting out every which way. Almost out of thread.

I do use a fuze block for other items.

Yes, I am an A personality with some obsessive behavior. I like things neat and organized... :grin:

How about a remote terminal strip. Run a heavy lead from the battery to the strip and then connect all the other wires to the strip? Also as you said, a remote fuse block.

Otherwise start eliminating the farkles :cry:

markgoodrich
How about a remote terminal strip. Run a heavy lead from the battery to the strip and then connect all the other wires to the strip? Also as you said, a remote fuse block.

Otherwise start eliminating the farkles :cry:

I do this with ground wires. I have most of my ground wires going to a strip inside a Radio Shack plastic project box I drilled holes in.

My little Touratech fuse block only has about six inputs; I've jumped one over to another strip into a project box with bar, giving me more connections. Works so far. Someday I'll maybe take everything off and clean up the rat's nest under the seat, make it all much neater. Nah.

Dennis Andress

I don't know squat about the R1200, but there should be a large cable running between the positive battery terminal and the alternator, making it a possible alternative. Starter bolts make good ground points too. PIAA recommends that their wiring be connected directly to the battery to avoid early bulb failure. Which makes sense, batteries do a great job of reducing any spike that could occur when a high current device is switched.

BeemerLover

+1 to Boatzo's idea. Go by Radio Shack and get a terminal screw strip and wire it up. Won't cost you much and it will work fine.

I fabricated some bus bars for my battery terminals our of 3/4" x 1/8" electrical grade copper bar stock. Kinda looks like an L and give me more places to mount ring terminals.

Archived