IGNORED

Know anything about Hagon shocks?

JerryMather

JerryMather

davequinnmotorcycles

I don't know anything about these but they do make one for my klr and almost nobody else does. Made in the UK, so most of us over here haven't heard much about them.

If anyone has used one, what did you think about it?

The link above is of a shop that sells them here in the USA.

Thanks

Up until a couple of weeks ago I had a Hagon on my RT. I went for a 20mm shorter shock to lower the bike for me. I also had the remote preload and custom spring installed. that pushed the price to the dsame as OEM but with the advantage of being re-buildable.

A few weeks ago however, a pothole broke the lower mounting bolt (OEM) and caused the eye of the shock to jam in the swingarm. This led fairly shortly to the lower rod being broken off by the bending forces it was experiencing. Not the fault of the shock.

So, I am now back on the OEM I kept for use during re-builds - as it happens both shocks have about the same mileage on them. The Hagon gave a much more compliant ride with a better match of damping to spring-rate than OEM. Quality is excellent. The remote preload needed mounting differently to OEM, which could be an issue - mine went in the space occupied by the charcoal cannister on US market bikes. I have been quoted over the phone a rebuild cost of between £100 and £350 depending on how much is broken, compared to £470 for new. I am saving up to pay for the rebuild - I much prefer the Hagon to OEM. Both in feel - probably due to being custom built for my weight/riding style - and because they are re-buildable for about 25% of the cost of replacement.

Andy

I had Hagons on my 98 1100RT and I was very pleased with them. For the money (< $1K) they gave a good ride and longevity before I sold the bike. Dave Quinn was great to work with too and I had my shocks very quickly.

Archived