IGNORED

iPhone Mount Suggestions

XTrooper

Good morning, folks. I'm looking for suggestions for mounting my iPhone on the handlebars of my '09 RT.

Photos would be great if you have them.

Thanks!

Well a fellow rider in Louisiana put his here...using a mount I made for him.

Hmm...I never know what to do when it says " enter your URL here' when I want to include a picture in a message...so, sorry I don't have a 'ULR', that I know of anyway, although I do have a doctors appointment later this month so anything is possible!

I can send you the picture by email if you want to send me your address, I do have one of those, :-), its: jkwinchester@sympatico.ca

Jim

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. ;)

I ended up ordering a RAM reservoir cover ball mount/RAM iPhone holder kit from CycleGadgets.com.

Since I'm already using the same RAM reservoir cover ball mount for my zumo 550 on the left, mounting this one of the right will balance things out. :)

LeftCoastMan

I've been trying to figure out how to do this AND keep my iPhone dry. I also would like the camera lens to be visible (and still keep my iPhone dry) so that I can use the video feature. Some guys are using the iPod Nano as their video camera, and the results are basically outstanding. Even better than dedicated helmet cams. The iPhone has better video specs (VGA up to 30 fps with audio), so it could have better results.

So, if anyone knows of a waterproof case that fits into this mounting system AND let's me use the video function, I'd love to know.

Are you planning on doing a lot of video recording in the rain? If not, you may be looking for a solution to a non-existent problem.

I'm planning on using the Pandora app on my iPhone as an additional source of music, but if it looks like rain, I'll uncradle the iPhone and use one of the other sources of music I have (mp3 files on the zumo, the radio, or the CD player).

LeftCoastMan
Are you planning on doing a lot of video recording in the rain? If not, you may be looking for a solution to a non-existent problem.

I'm planning on using the Pandora app on my iPhone as an additional source of music, but if it looks like rain, I'll uncradle the iPhone and use one of the other sources of music I have (mp3 files on the zumo, the radio, or the CD player).

Since I live in Southern California, rain is only an issue from around December to May. And even then, infrequently.

You have a good point. I think if it's raining the last thing I want is to be distracted by my iPhone. This is definitely just a fun thing.

I recently came up with a way to mount the iPhone securely and keep it weatherproof. I used the RAM iPhone mount and placed it inside a RAM AquaBox.

web.jpg

The cord was a little squeezed in with this straight plug, so I did change it to a 90-deg style. I had to drill one extra hole in the AquaBox for the bottom screw. If you didn't need to plug in a cable, it could actually mount right through the existing holes in the AquaBox. The mount locations are the same and it would be centered.

The clear membrane on the AquaBox is a little thick. Swiping does not work with a glove on. Pressing a screen icon is fine, though.

Very cool idea! Thanks for the tip and photo!

BTW, the iPhone screen itself doesn't work with gloves either, at least I've never had any luck while wearing gloves.

Archived