IGNORED

Removing Scuff Marks ?

Catbird

I hard as I try, I can't seem to be able to stop getting scuff marks on my stock seats when I mount/dismount my '05 RT.

My question: Is there an accepted procedure and/or product that will remove them? I'm not really looking to cover them up or disguise them with Armor All or similar topical treatments.

Dennis Andress

I've never tried it on a seat, but we were taught in basic training to use toothpaste to remove scuff marks from the floor....

Mine get scuffed from time to time as well. I've found a bit of blue jean material backed up by a large amount of ass will eventually buff them out. :rofl: Usually takes between 2 and 3 hundred miles. :grin:

Sorry I got nothin'. :wave:

OK so by now I thought you'd have all kinds of great ideas here and my original post would be buried in the mountain of suggestions pouring in to your thread. OK I feel bad.

I've used the following stuff from Corbin on my vinyl seats with pretty good results before. It's a leather conditioner but seems to do pretty good on the synthetics as well. Corbin Leather Stuff

That said, I've always been a fan of Mother's products and see they make a marine vinyl treatment that I may just look around for.

Mothers Vinyl Stuff

I hard as I try, I can't seem to be able to stop getting scuff marks on my stock seats when I mount/dismount my '05 RT.

I modified my mount/dismount technique which somewhat helps eliminate this. Now, I do not have a trunk.

When mounting, keep your right knee rubbing across your seat as you mount. That way, you can guage where your foot is relative to

the sidecases or seat. Works for me. But then again, I had more of a problem with scuffing my cases, not the seat.

When I can, I have the bike on the center stand, put my left foot on the left peg, stand up, swing leg over without touching seat or right side case. Push bike off center stand.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Scuff marks on the seats!?? I'm 150 lbs and I've not seen any scuffing on my stock seats. I almost always wear jeans and do ride looong distances.

I appreciate all (well, most :D ) of the above comments.

I've even GOOGLED "How to remove scuff marks from motorcycle seats", but haven't read anything yet that sounds like it works 100% or close to it.

Archived