IGNORED

New leathers

AndrewR

I bought a pair of their boots last year on closeout, and one of their leather jackets for my daughter. I'm quite impressed with their quality and price. The jacket isn't a Vanson and doesn't pretend to be, but should I go down with her on board, the jack will protect her, which is the point. I have no details on that specific leather racing suit, but I would assume it's like their other products and will give you many years of service.

If you end up sliding down the track you won't be celebrating how much you saved on your leathers. I started with a cheap set of Teknic leathers that I was having to patch every time I crashed. The stitching would burst in the thighs and shoulders every time I hit the ground, and I ended up using better thread and glue to make sure that it stayed intact.

If cost is an issue and you're an easy size to fit, try picking up a set of used leathers off one of the regional race forums like NESBA or WERA. Pay a bit more to have them professionally cleaned and you'd be good to go.

Cheap leathers are better than no leathers. But a good quality suit will both protect you and be easier to fix if you do go down.

your profile is not completed, so it is hard to comment with specifics.

but if you live anywhere near this place, I feel this vendor offers some of the best value in leather riding gear. not the cheapest, or most expensive, but in my experience/opinion, maybe the best value. once again it depends on your size, height, weight etc. if you are very "normal" to the sizing charts used by the manufactures, then the post above is correct, just check out for some good used leathers, have any minor problems repaird, have it cleaned and use it for many seasons. If you have some odd size requirements then Barnacl Bill is excellent value.

http://www.racingleather.com/

• 1 month later...

I bought my Agvsport 2pcs suit with Helmet Depot one year ago. Their stock is constantly changing since they sell the previous collection but maybe you can find a good deal with them for your willow suit. But i don't think you can order online so you have to call them directly (301-874-1170 ).

Archived