IGNORED

Replacing the pads in my stich' - any suggestions?

drzep

After 8 years the armor in my stich' is starting to show its age so I am going to replace it with another set of TF pads from Aerostich.

I was wondering if anyone here has tried the TF4 pads and can comment on their thickness/comfort? I have the TF3 pads now and the thickness is fine, but I don't won't to go any bigger. On their site there is a comment suggesting that the TF4 padding is thicker, but the photos make it look a bit thinner. Little confused.

Thanks all!

I added a set of TF4 low temp pads to use in cold weather. In cold weather the TF3's became hard as a rock when folded up in my luggage.

I added them at least 4 years ago, so I don't know if things have changed, but they definitely are slightly smaller and slightly thinner than the TF4's that came with the suit.

The TF4 are now supposedly made of APS. It's pretty cool stuff. Motoport uses it in their quad armor. When my quad pants were returned I had a few beers, stood on a chair and dropped to my knees and literally felt nothing.

I was so impressed, I wanted to try out the TF4 for my Roadcrafter, so I placed an order. When they came, they were orange, not white like my Motoport. There was also a note saying they had to change the material for some reason and it didn't absorb as much energy as their first version. They didn't fit quite right, so I returned them. Thickness seemed about the same as TF3.

Latest catelog shows them absorbing about as much energy as their TF2.

Good luck

Archived