IGNORED

Anyone ever stop by HELD in NC??

OoPEZoO

While researching for the purchase of a new pair of gloves, I realized that HELD is smack dab in the middle of NC. It just so happens that I will be traveling from Raleigh to Dillsboro (for the BRR) in a about two weeks, and if they have a retail store I think I am going to stop in. Their website says to stop by, but doesn't mention if they have a retail front.

Anyone know if they do?

Keep us posted; Conover, NC wouldn't be that far out of my way on the way to visit my mother in Delaware. I'm really intrigued by those Airflow gloves that Kathy R mentioned, but they're only available in full sizes, and my hand takes an 8.5 with a Held, so I really need to try them on. Like hanging, broken bones focus one's attention, and the most expensive gloves are cheaper than medical costs associated with injuries.

I shot them an email as well, but I'm sure I won't hear back from them till at least sometime tomorrow.

They have their business hours posted on the site, and their name/address pops up when doing a dealer search in the area......so I'm about 90% sure they have a retail shop, but I will definitely let ya know what I find out.

One thing to note......there zip code on the site is listed as 28631. It SHOULD read 28613

Lone_RT_rider

I'm keeping an eye on this thread. This is a quick Saturday morning ride for me if they do indeed have a retail store. :)

Shawn

malcolmblalock

I've stopped by the Held store many times. While not a retail store in the conventional sense, you can see what they have and try on whatever you want. Friendly folks there.

Stop by when in the neighborhood and needing some quality equipment.

malcolmblalock

I've stopped by the Held store many times. While not a retail store in the conventional sense, you can see what they have and try on whatever you want. Friendly folks there.

Will they let you purchase or do they want you to go to a retailer?

Got a very timely email back this morning.

They have retail sales available from the front office anytime during business hours. :thumbsup:

as per the email

You are welcome to stop by and try on everything. You may purchase here at our offices. We are open Monday – Friday 9:30 – 5:00 (sometimes we sneak out early on Friday). Call us if you get lost, 828-464-4440.

Thanks Keith. I don't think I need any gloves right now, but if I managed to get over there I surely would discover I was missing something. :grin:

No problem.

I DO need gloves right now, and I'm really looking forward to stopping in there next week. I currently have 3 pair of usable gloves, and I currently hate 2 1/2 of them. My cold weather gloves are warm but in no ways waterproof (even though they are advertised as such). My middle of the road gloves are cheap crap that I bought the day I bought my first street bike ~11 years ago (they only hold up because I don't like wearing them). And my warm weather gloves are "OK", but just don't fit me like I think they should.

Gloves are such an expensive gamble. I was eyeballing up your HELD's in WV last year. I have heard good things about them ever since, so I'm certainly excited about seeing the whole product line with all the sizes available.

My line up now seems complete with the following:

*HELD Steve - buy them tight and they will stretch and conform to the shape of your hand.

*HELD Airstream

*Gerbing G3

*Rain covers (2 finger...I'm waiting for them to rip *whoops* so I will buy the 3 finger)

I've come a long way since I used to wear yellow XL Playtex Living Gloves for rain covers. :grin:

My brother "thanks you" for this thread. He'll be going to HELD in NC this June.

Gloves are such an expensive gamble. I was eyeballing up your HELD's in WV last year. I have heard good things about them ever since, so I'm certainly excited about seeing the whole product line with all the sizes available.

Eyeballs are useful, but hands tell the tale. Unless it's something that I already own that needs replacing, I'm unwilling to buy gloves, boots, and helmets without trying them on.

• 3 weeks later...

Forgot to update this last week. I ended up stopping into the Held store on Friday afternoon on my way to the BRR. They are situated right inside a small industrial park just outside the town of Conover, and is easy to get in and out of. They share their building with a few other businesses, and it is basically just a glass door with their name next to it. While it isn't much to look at.....they were very helpful. Only one person was there at the time due to most of their staff setting up a booth at the MOA Rally that weekend. I was greeted at the front door by a "Hey, how's it going? Come on in". He was on the phone so I just kinda poked around the office and spent a little time checking out the '09 Triumph Bonneville that was parked in the hallway (my kind of place :grin:). The guy finished up his phone call, introduced himself, and then walked me to the back of the building. The back is pretty much just a large warehouse with a bunch of products organized into boxes and placed on shelves. We talked for a bit about what I was looking for, and he led me down an isle and let me try a few pairs of gloves on. I ended up buying a set of the Score model gloves. They are a somewhat lightweight glove with decent armor and is supposedly completely waterproof. I haven't tried the waterproof thing yet, but after a weeks worth of riding I can confidently say that these are the nicest gloves I have ever worn. They fit awesome and feel great. They are a perfect glove for riding when you don't need a heavy winter glove, and it isn't quite warm enough for mesh. For me, this is just about every single morning commute all season long. They also hooked me up with "free shipping" since I was from out of state, and threw in a free T-shirt.

So I would give the Held store/distribution center :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Did you happen to look at any jackets while there Keith? I've been shopping for a 3/4 length and swapped a couple of e-mails with Tommy at Held (maybe the guy you talked to?) He was quite helpful. I'm hoping the quality is on par with their gloves.

Archived