IGNORED

Kids Riding Gear

Exploreinman

Exploreinman

Any suggestions on who makes street riding gear for kids? I have a 10 year old nephew who wants to try riding with me, but I've told him (and his mother!) only once I get him jacket, pants, helmet, etc. Any suggestions...

It's not my place, so forgive me, but I cannot imagine the risk involved (gear or no gear) of riding with a 10 year old is worth any reward....

-MKL

I can't say I see an issue as long as all parties involved understand the situation/risks. I started riding with my Dad at a younger age than that, including a few weekend trips of riding sun up to sun down. I had my fiance's daughter start to ride with me when she was around 10. We started with short rides of 10-20 minutes. She is now almost 13 and has been on a few hour long rides......some on the back of my RT, and one or two on the back of my Dad's Goldwing.

As far as gear goes, most companies carry small helmets. I think hers is a KBC in a XS size. You might also want to check out places like motorcycle superstore (at least for an idea of whats out there). They have a whole section geared towards kids street gear.

LINK

My son started riding with me two years ago at age 10 and I spent a bit of time finding street gear for him (there is a lot of off road youth gear out there, but street gear is hard to find).

We ended up with a Tourmaster Youth Jett jacket. I found youth pants in the UK at http://www.babybiker.co.uk/ , and helmets are available in youth sizes (Bell) or we found that some brands size Small adult helmets fit him well (he has a small Vega flip front).

Archived