IGNORED

hinges for oversize system case lids

prof

Does anyone know the source for the quick change hinges that allowed the oversize lids to be quickly swapped with the standard BMW case lids? Once installed, this hinge kit required just changing a few screws to swap from standard to oversize lids. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm afraid the Kugler Klamps are no longer made. I vaguely remember that someone else may have made a similar product. If you can't find new ones, perhaps you could place wanted ads here and at Adventure Rider.

Those of us who change lids often (for me it's going from the standard lids to the city lids), simply drill out the rivets on the lid side of the hinges, leaving the hinges attached to the main part of each saddlebag. Eight 4MM stainless hex bolts, nuts and washers, plus an open end wrench and a small electric screwdriver with a socket attachment, and we can change lids in about 2 minutes per side. With the Kugler Klamps, that time is cut in half.

If you still want the Kugler Klamps, I recall that Irv Seaver BMW in SoCal used to carry them. You might call and see if they have any left. (714) 532-3700.

Archived